To all the Spurs fans...

toonarmy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
...your boys took one hell of a beating!

Forgive my joy but this hasn't happened much this season and the rest of my family are Spurs fans, so it's with some relish that I saw the result.

Pity that most of the media appear to be trying to ignore it (relegated to 3rd choice on MOTD2 behind two dull 1-0s, not even getting a mention on sports reports on the radio this morning etc.).

It's almost like the media is based in London and full of Spurs fans...

Oh, and you're were all correct - that Owen is rubbish... :D

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
haha toon........ as soon as i heard the result i knew you would say that about owen. :D

Still not WORLD class though! :p

toonarmy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Yes, Yes, Yes well done. By the way when was the last time you picked up any silver?

Sadly the answer for too long has been 'at last night's dinner'.

Mind you, when was the last time you played in the Champion's League? Oh, hang on, that would be never! :D

C'mon, let me enjoy this pathetic little moment of pleasure! This is pretty much the high point of the season for us - a decent away win!

shanker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Brooksy
Where do you play? Weymouth or with the toffs up the road at Came Down? I joined Weymouth as a junior in 1969. £3 a year it used to cost. I've probably seen you in the Swan (Wetherspoon's).
Regards
Shanker

Yidio

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It was inevitable we'd lose on Sunday.

If your side is ever on a bad run & you need a win from somewhere,there's no better team to play than Spurs. We've been giving away charitable wins for years.

That said,not going to be relegated,not going to finish top 6,already in Europe next season,looks like the players can't be bothered. Hopefully Ramos won't let that happen,though.

ColinR

Head Pro
Visit site
Somehow I knew we would lose to you lot and some how I knew I would come across some gloaters !! But still you had you day and actually deserved it. I was at the game, once you were 1-2 ahead we did not look in the game at all. Fair play to your fans they kept up the atmosphere until the end.

But having not won a trophy since 1953, I'm glad you had your cup final at WHL :cool: :D :D :D

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
We were talkin about the toon's the other day in work and just wondering where you get all your money from!

Never win anythin, or get anywhere but always have money to spend.

Do you all have to pay toon tax to keep the club going :D

Came to the conclusion that you probably have one of the best fanbases in the world. Class supporters you geordie lot ( hope i spelt geordie right)

toonarmy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Somehow I knew we would lose to you lot and some how I knew I would come across some gloaters !! But still you had you day and actually deserved it. I was at the game, once you were 1-2 ahead we did not look in the game at all. Fair play to your fans they kept up the atmosphere until the end.

But having not won a trophy since 1953, I'm glad you had your cup final at WHL :cool: :D :D :D

It's a measure of how dire it's been this season that this result could bring such happiness! Credit to the spuds fans who have been fair and honest in their assessment. Can't imagine ManU/Pool/Chels/Arse fans being as magnanimous somehow!

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
[/QUOTE]

It's a measure of how dire it's been this season that this result could bring such happiness! Credit to the spuds fans who have been fair and honest in their assessment. Can't imagine ManU/Pool/Chels/Arse fans being as magnanimous somehow!

[/QUOTE]

Well i take it all back. As a united fan with the most biased liverpool fans as mates and colleagues, i make it a BIG priority of mine never to boast, or make excuses. For me black is black. If we are outplayed then i will hold my hands up. I hear/see how pathetic the scousers sound after a 3-0 drumming saying 'well it was 12 against 10 and you have magic powers and time is on you side and we went to bed late and the grass was longer in our box in the second half'

I dunno toon, i was just starting to like you :p

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
I can only say to the Newcastle fans gloating at the mighty spurs, whats the last trophy you boys have won???

King Kev, King my arse, the man is a copmlete and utter prat, lets be honest, he has the tactical nous of a festering turd.

I don't want to see Newcastle get relegated, I think that they have a great tradition, a great ground and very passionate fans, I think that they would be a great loss to the premier league. More so than any recent relegatees that I can think of.

To be honest the only club I would like to see go through the pain of relegation is West Ham, simply because their fans are the biggest bunch of morons alive, They make Millwall fans look like intelligent people. West Ham fans have this stupid belief that "they" won the world cup in 1966, they think that they are all Ronnie Krays Unlce's, sons, best mates whatever, they all think that they are extras from Green Street and worst of all, they actually think that they are a big club!

The thing I like about Newcastle fans is that they aren't completely deluded like Liverpool fans. Every year the Liverpool fans say they will win the league and do this and do that but when it comes down to it they just aren't good enough, no way.

Watch out for the mighty spurs next season, I think that we have already got the measure of chelsea now and as for the arsenal, watch out boys.

Yidio

Assistant Pro
Visit site

[/QUOTE]

Well i take it all back. As a united fan with the most biased liverpool fans as mates and colleagues, i make it a BIG priority of mine never to boast, or make excuses. For me black is black. If we are outplayed then i will hold my hands up. I hear/see how pathetic the scousers sound after a 3-0 drumming saying 'well it was 12 against 10 and you have magic powers and time is on you side and we went to bed late and the grass was longer in our box in the second half'

I dunno toon, i was just starting to like you :p

[/QUOTE]

Then you'll have no trouble in admitting how lucky you were to get the point you did at WHL this season,then? ;)

toonarmy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
In fairness TonyN, a casual glance at football365 shows what the bulk of the so-called Big4 fans are like (of course, we could have the debate about what is a fan etc.). I always find it a delight when I come across big-team fans who actually know their football and can recognise the good, the bad and the ugly - regardless of what shirt it is in.

It does make me chuckle when Toon fans are called 'deluded'. We know we're going to win sweet FA, but apparently wanting to win something makes us deluded! :eek:

MWJ - nice trotting out of the party line on KK. :rolleyes: Funny how a man with no tactical nous took a team to the brink of the title, conceding a lot less goals than the mighty Arsenal of Seaman/Winterburn/Adams/Bould/Dixon along the way. Try not to let the Sky Sports revisionist version of football history colour your view. ;)

And which manager was the genius who let Waddlestonnes 'command' the midfield on Sunday? And took Keane off - again? :p

That said, I do think that Spurs might actually be half-decent next season and not flatter to deceive for a change. Oh, and would struggle to agree more about WHU 'fans'. Feel sorry for the sensible ones, but they do seem to be the minority. :(

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
I can only say to the Newcastle fans gloating at the mighty spurs, whats the last trophy you boys have won???

King Kev, King my arse, the man is a copmlete and utter prat, lets be honest, he has the tactical nous of a festering turd.

I don't want to see Newcastle get relegated, I think that they have a great tradition, a great ground and very passionate fans, I think that they would be a great loss to the premier league. More so than any recent relegatees that I can think of.

To be honest the only club I would like to see go through the pain of relegation is West Ham, simply because their fans are the biggest bunch of morons alive, They make Millwall fans look like intelligent people. West Ham fans have this stupid belief that "they" won the world cup in 1966, they think that they are all Ronnie Krays Unlce's, sons, best mates whatever, they all think that they are extras from Green Street and worst of all, they actually think that they are a big club!

The thing I like about Newcastle fans is that they aren't completely deluded like Liverpool fans. Every year the Liverpool fans say they will win the league and do this and do that but when it comes down to it they just aren't good enough, no way.

Watch out for the mighty spurs next season, I think that we have already got the measure of chelsea now and as for the arsenal, watch out boys.

hey Jon...spot on my son! Made me laugh but no doubt its all true. Especially the West Ham bit, they think they've won the league because they have a chance (and most probably will) finish above spurs. Their intelligence can be summed up by a West Ham fan who I met on holiday last year, he was in his mid 20s and thought that green street was based on a true story and that matt buckner (elijah wood) was actually one of West Hams most fanatic fans.