time per round

thomasmark71

Visit site
we booked 5 rounds in spain in june
yourgolftravel have us tee off at 10 am, but picking us back up at 4 pm
do we really need 6 hours !?
we are 6 playing as 3 balls with buggies
how long would you recommend as i can change transfer
ps…we dont want to stay for drinks because we got a hotel with pool to go back to
thanks

thomasmark71

Visit site
Depends on how many tourists are in front of you
Rounds can easily take 5 hours if busy and with inexperienced players in front of you
Play your round, if you have time, grab a beer, you are getting driven around,
You are on holiday, chill man ?

trouble is we dont want to grab a beer as we want to get back to our hotel and pool and beach ….

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Even in June, you'll be luckt to make it round in under 5 hours.

If you do have a bit of spare time, just grab a beer at the course and chill out - it's meant to be a holiday after all ;-)

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Sorry Phil, my opinion is obviously the same as yours, maybe I should have just liked your post.

To the Op, my twopenneth - the travel companies will have to allow leeway into your transfers, if it's a slow round, they can't have the transfer bus waiting for you while you finish, as the bus will be booked for an airport/golf course collection after they have dropped you off. If you desperately want to get back to the hotel, then your best bet is to ask the course for a decent taxi company when you arrive, then phone one as soon as you finidh, but taxis are mental expensive here - so if you are foing any kind of distance, it will cost - and the fare will be double on a sunday if you happen to want one then.
Alternatively, go on a local FB forum to where you are staying and see if you can find the number for a guy that does taxi runs - they are illegal, but will be a lot cheaper than a bona fide taxi driver.

thomasmark71

Visit site
Sorry Phil, my opinion is obviously the same as yours, maybe I should have just liked your post.

To the Op, my twopenneth - the travel companies will have to allow leeway into your transfers, if it's a slow round, they can't have the transfer bus waiting for you while you finish, as the bus will be booked for an airport/golf course collection after they have dropped you off. If you desperately want to get back to the hotel, then your best bet is to ask the course for a decent taxi company when you arrive, then phone one as soon as you finidh, but taxis are mental expensive here - so if you are foing any kind of distance, it will cost - and the fare will be double on a sunday if you happen to want one then.
Alternatively, go on a local FB forum to where you are staying and see if you can find the number for a guy that does taxi runs - they are illegal, but will be a lot cheaper than a bona fide taxi driver.
thanks….appreciate a detailed reply….makes sense…only asking because we have never done golf abroad before, so your answer explains it …main reason was the length of time per round, because at home its like 3 hours maybe 4…thats why i was questioning the 6 hours…

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
thanks….appreciate a detailed reply….makes sense…only asking because we have never done golf abroad before, so your answer explains it …main reason was the length of time per round, because at home its like 3 hours maybe 4…thats why i was questioning the 6 hours…
I've seen us push 6 hours at La Cala mate, absolutely mental - apparently a bunch of chinese tourists who had never really played golf had got out on the course infront of us - we rocked up at a par 3 to find 2 groups waiting to tee off, and one group on the green - it can happen!

I'm sure you'll have a great time anyway. Whereabouts you headed?

Also, plenty of water, plenty of suncream - and my advice wear a hat rather than blathering suncream on your forehead, cos it's a bugger to play golf when the sweat washes it in your eyes ;-)
June will be hot but the pool at the digs will be just about right.

thomasmark71

Visit site
I've seen us push 6 hours at La Cala mate, absolutely mental - apparently a bunch of chinese tourists who had never really played golf had got out on the course infront of us - we rocked up at a par 3 to find 2 groups waiting to tee off, and one group on the green - it can happen!

I'm sure you'll have a great time anyway. Whereabouts you headed?

Also, plenty of water, plenty of suncream - and my advice wear a hat rather than blathering suncream on your forehead, cos it's a bugger to play golf when the sweat washes it in your eyes ;-)
June will be hot but the pool at the digs will be just about right.

we staying in torremilinos,
playing golf each day
la cala asia

torrequebrada

chapparall

cabopino

and calanova

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
If you're likely to put a stopwatch on your golf game remember to do the same when you go out for dinner or visit waterpark, tours etc

Ok that's flippant but I'd hate to be on the clock not knowing who or what might delay the round time by 30-60 mins

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
we staying in torremilinos,
playing golf each day
la cala asia

torrequebrada

chapparall

cabopino

and calanova

I'm jealous.
Not played the Asia course at La Cala, but all the others are great - Cabopino is my favourite course down there - the tee shot off the 3rd hole is awesome.

Looks like you have the foundations for a great golf trip - I love Torremolinos as well, a few hours people watching in the Playa Miguel chiringuito on the promenade is a great way to pass a bit of time.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I'm jealous.
Not played the Asia course at La Cala, but all the others are great - Cabopino is my favourite course down there - the tee shot off the 3rd hole is awesome.

Looks like you have the foundations for a great golf trip - I love Torremolinos as well, a few hours people watching in the Playa Miguel chiringuito on the promenade is a great way to pass a bit of time.

An absolute favourite of ours, can't wait to go back there one day

Diamond

Visit site
Having my first golf holiday in June (La Quinta in Spain). The hotel has 27 holes so I suppose the upside in a course at your hotel.

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Speak to the travel company, i imagine you could move it to 3.30pm pick up without much risk. I probably wouldn't go earlier as 5 hour rounds can happen. Just explain you don't want to drink at the course as I expect they are also used to turning up with groups midway through a pint and are kept waiting that way as well.

That being said, i've played the majority of those courses and most would be 4-4 1/2hr rounds. They are not typically that slow.