Tiger Woods

TomEdwards18

atantalus.com

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Just read on the BBC site that he has had another op on his back to get rid of permanent pain in his back and leg and will out for another six months. 🙁

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm sad to say it but that has to be him done now doesn't? There are surely only so many "successful" back surgeries one can have and still compete at the top level. I'd love to be wrong on this but so many surgeries and so long out of the game is going to be tough to get back from. Not only that, but he will no doubt be spending more time with his kids, charities, design business etc. Life has changed for Tiger.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sucks for Tiger. Going to be incredibly tough to come back from another surgery. As sad as it is, have to feel like it's over for TW now. Would love to see him come back pain free, but 4 back surgeries down, it has to be taking a huge toll on him. Wouldn't be surprised if he announced his retirement in the coming weeks.

U

User62651

Sucks for Tiger. Going to be incredibly tough to come back from another surgery. As sad as it is, have to feel like it's over for TW now. Would love to see him come back pain free, but 4 back surgeries down, it has to be taking a huge toll on him. Wouldn't be surprised if he announced his retirement in the coming weeks.

Might be for the best but that would cost him money from sponsors though. That's why he'll keep saying when he aims to be back playing even if he knows in his heart it won't happen, said it yesterday, keep the cash cow full of hay!;)

D

Deleted member 1147

Because Woods really needs the money doesn't he?

He may have earned loads over the years but what are his spending habits, how much has he given away (divorce/charity), is his fortune in trust for his kids?

Plenty of big earners are broke!

hines57

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Just read on the BBC site that he has had another op on his back to get rid of permanent pain in his back and leg and will out for another six months. 
just read this as well. Will we ever see him back competing again or has his body called "Time" on him?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Forgive my ignorance, but why is he injured all the time? Is it just bad luck or are the injuries caused by the way he's swung a club over the years or anything like that? I wouldn't have guessed it was just age as there are plenty of other similar-aged golfers who seem to be getting along just fine.

hines57

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Forgive my ignorance, but why is he injured all the time? Is it just bad luck or are the injuries caused by the way he's swung a club over the years or anything like that? I wouldn't have guessed it was just age as there are plenty of other similar-aged golfers who seem to be getting along just fine.
it was Seve's back that brought an end to his competitive playing career and didn't they put that down to his aggressive swing from a very early age?

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
He may have earned loads over the years but what are his spending habits, how much has he given away (divorce/charity), is his fortune in trust for his kids?

Plenty of big earners are broke!

true but not many that's earnings and income are around the billion dollar mark.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Sensible thing may be to chill for a few years then see if he can bolt himself together for the senior/champions tour. Crowds would no doubt still flock to see.

U

User62651

Sensible thing may be to chill for a few years then see if he can bolt himself together for the senior/champions tour. Crowds would no doubt still flock to see.

Really don't think Seniors Tour will be of interest to TW. Physically it would be a big ask given where he is now and if he cannot play the regular tour then no tour. See where he is in 6 months but now he has vertebrae fused reducing mobility, as a back sufferer myself, I'm very doubtful he can come back to the level he wants.

Seen the great man twice - 2005 St Andrews and 2013 Muirfield, think that will be it. Sun has set on this man's career, what a legacy though (on course at least:whistle:).

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Another big setback however he tries to sell it to the public. He's very unlikely with so much surgery now to find a golf swing that will work at the very highest level and compete in majors, which is surely what he wants. I think he'll call time at some point this season