Tiger the unstoppable

Teetotal

Assistant Pro
Visit site
With another win at the w/e it looks like the tailors are already sizing Tiger up for the Green Jacket. Does anyone think anyone else will get close to him at the Masters. Is anyone placing a bet on anyone? Really looking forward to the first major...

Have been browsing through some of the US websites and he's treated like a Demi-God out there. Is he the first golfing superstar (without the rock and roll lifestyle)? Does anyone remember if Nicklaus or if any of the other greats got the same amount of press?

B

birdieman

I dont think Tiger will win the Masters this year, just feel someone will have a hot putter and win, I'd go for Ogilvy or Stenson, dont bet on Garcia, he can't putt, Mickelson showed some form a few weeks ago and will really up his practice for April. He'll often be in contention at Augusta as he's won twice and been close many other times and knows what it takes. Cant help but admire Tiger but sometimes I wish he'd lighten up a bit. His post round interviews are dull, he doesn't seem to really enjoy winning, probably because he expects to every time and is so used to it that the thrill is lessened. I dont want to hear "How I really controlled my ball flight" over and over, be good if he could crack a joke ro jump on a car like Rich Beem, I dont know anything to show a less serious side. Keen to see how Richie Ramsay goes at Augusta too.

Teetotal

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Birdieman - that's a good point about putting as the greens are supposed to be the toughest out of all the tournaments.

Tigers talent is undeniably awesome but he needs to lighten up - he's sooooo dull in interviews. You can tell what he's going to say even before he's opened his mouth.

JustinHarvie

Visit site
I think it would be very hard to bet on anyone other than Tiger right now. His game seems to be in great shape and its going to be very hard to stop him. Who else does anyone think might be a one to watch? When I'm thinking of placing a bet, I tend to find I'm always the last to know when someone's coming through and might be a dark horse etc.

Coopsarama

Club Champion
Visit site
I fancy Paul Casey to be there or thereabouts this year but I'm chucking a 10 spot on Ernie Els. The big man's due a result and I fancy himn to pull this off ;-)

B

birdieman

Coopsarama,
Save your cash -dont bet on Els, he's never been an Augusta contender and that knee surgery is still keeping him at 95%, he's a better bet for Carnoustie. You're looking for a long hitter who can also putt well under pressure. It is hard to see past Tiger or Phil, maybe VJ if he's putting ok. Of the Europeans Harrington has the best chance, he's won in the US and has the patience and maturity that Garcia, Poulter and Casey lack. A real outside bet could be Olazabal, as a 2x winner he must be worth an each way punt?

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I still think Stenson is the in form guy, but has probably not got the experience around Augusta. Hard to see past Woods tho'.