They'rs a few of us on here at around the same age - remember this??

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Ive started learning how to play this on the guitar, one of the best tunes ever!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B2clFsLA3w

HH btw the original is the best! :D

Hows about this classic too?
Bit of acdc for you, funny thing is I didnt really like them when I was in my teens but like some of their stuff now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5FWXSnCEZE the guitar from around 00:15 in is so catchy and is another one I want to learn. (still a total newbie at guitar though)

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
definitely of a certain age, which is why the original Free track is the one for me. lots of gooood music around then, I was (still am) quite partial to Steppenwolf (Easy Rider - Born to be Wild) - had a lot of their stuff on 8-track from the states

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
HH, Ive got a cort G series guitar and have been reading tabs for around a month and a half, so far can play some of the james bond sequences from films, the main riff from smoke on the water and the opening to the red hot chili peppers "suck my kiss"
I think my dyslexic fingers need bigger gappings between the strings though as some notes just sound so bad as I cant get my fingers out of the way in time.
Im going to persevere though as Ive always wanted to play and did a year acoustic guitar in secondary school and loved it.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Got any forgotten gems?

Ain't the internet great!

From that sort of era, how's about

Nantucket Sleighride - Mountain
Blowin' Free, or, The King will come - Wishbone Ash (or pretty much anything off the Argus album
Freebird - Lynyrd Skynyrd

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm trying to forget.....especially anything by stock, aitken and waterman....

I think I'm immortalised on one or two of their disks.....yuk......"I only did it for the money!"