Theres nothing quite like a MacDonalds ...........

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Went into a little chef on the way home last night & was pleasently suprised by their gammon. However they served french fries when the menu clearly stated chip. French fries never have & never will be chips. If I wanted fries I'd go to McDonalds. As for the Burgers I won't comment as the last time I sampled a Little chefs fare it was vile. Plastic sausages on its all day breakfast & vowed many years ago never to re-enter one of their establishments.

Oh & they are still overpriced.

BTW if you want Bugers then Roadside takaway caffes are the best, always will be. There will be the odd bad one, but always decent portions at reasonable prices, unlike service stations & little chefs etc.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am going against the grain, I love McD's. Double sausage and Egg, tastes so good because its so bad.

Hash Browns, Heart disease in a bag, cant beat em.

Big Mac, the only thing big about them is the hole in your stomach after one. You need two to feel the benefit, bloody lovely though.

SUBWAY, I just love the sweet onion chicken terriyaki(sp) loads of jalepenos and sweet chilli sauce.

Cant be a good old Sayers for lunch (Gregs to the shandy drinkers)

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
after all its is the home of the hamburger and the greatest food under the sun.....

:D

I think you might just find the home of the Hamburger is in germany and if you go there and order one (not in macdonalds) you will find a real treat and not the sh*t that is served in any of the listed eateries in this thread :rolleyes: ;)

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I cant remember the last time I was in a Macdonalds.
If you can cook, why would you go in there?

I think most of us can cook & I have a paunchant for cooking minted lamb burgers at home & doing one that would fill the stomach of anyone, though I'll still eat two. :D

But the thing about eating a mcDonalds or similar is the fact that when we are out its convinient to pop into somewhere like this for snack food when we're on the go.

I mean, how many of us have had a bacon cob & a cuppa in the clubhouse before a round.or stopped off for one or another one at the halfway house. That's golfing fast food.

It probably explains why I will stop off for a double bacon sausage egg mcmuffin & a coffee on the way to a golfclub when I'mplaying really early or in a rush.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
We have a Madonalds drive THROUGH on the way home from the range and I'm amazed at the length of the queue of cars between 6 and 7 at night.
I do understand that after a hard day at work, not everyone wants to go home and start cooking, especially if they dont enjoy cooking.
What I dont know is are the people in the cars buying dinner for the whole family or just a snack to eat on the way home?

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Got a McD near me but on the wrong side of a dual carriageway so never use it - not that I'm inclined to, most stuff in McD is rubbish (I'll exclude the hash browns from that though).

There is now a rival being built rather too conviently right on my route home. Thought it was to be a BK but unfortunately turns out to be a Kentucky - unfortunately because it's the only one of the three that might tempt me.

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I can't understand that either Bobmac, as If it were 6pm or 7pm I'd be thinking of a more substantial type of takeaway if I were going home & didn't want to cook.

For me McDonalds is snack food pure & simple, it cannot be seen as a meal in its own right for me, otherwise I'd be spending more than a good night out to buy enough to fill me up.

Drive throughs are vile creations. I'll always go in. I need to sit at a proper table enjoy my snack & or coffee & best of all enjoy the read of the complimentary newspaper. Though one of my local McD's has stopped doing newspapers, so I've stopped going in there for a snack, or coffee.

colintrav

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I apologize in advance for the grumpy old man rant about to follow....

I was in Glasgow yesterday with the spouse and little miss Mad and Olivia fancied a Happy Meal so we grabbed one at the drive thru. I ordered, drove to the next window paid my £1.99 and picked up my goodie bag and receipt which stated that 15% VAT had been charged and this got me thinking:

Are MacDonalds bagging the 2.5% VAT reduction instead of passing it on to the customer?

This equates to each store selling an average of 88400 happy meals each year in 1300 stores =115 million meals a year = 5 pence off every happy meal = £5,746,000 profit instead of price reduction ....

As I said at the top of my post for my rant but it is Sunday and H.I.D. is wanting to drag me to a garden centre !!!!!!!!!!

PS

Who else has bagged the VAT reduction ????

Everything that is cooked in the fryer is with Corn Oil ..

Horrendous stuff and rank rotten as well ,

I remember when Mcdonalds were getting the use of our Kitchen and the miserable buggers would give a free Burger .. never mind a paltry skinny chip ...
And when you see the product advertise it looks nowt like what you get and vast mounts of the time the burger is warm not hot , as you know it;s been lying for more than 10 mins .. selling pre made burger not kept in proper conditions ie Autosham is nothing more than Illegal ...

If the EHO assume it's ok for em to stock and leave under hot lamps there they are clueless ..

Pedro_Wedgitos

Club Champion
Visit site
after all its is the home of the hamburger and the greatest food under the sun.....

:D

I think you might just find the home of the Hamburger is in germany and if you go there and order one (not in macdonalds) you will find a real treat and not the sh*t that is served in any of the listed eateries in this thread :rolleyes: ;)

that's the wimpey ad from the 70s / 80s I am quoting... as for oversea hamburgers e.g. germany or holland tasted them hated them

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
my eldest was at uni in Germany at the height of the bse thing. he used to delight in going into the McD's in Dusseldorf and demanding a British Beef burger

Ken_A

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I now support McD more than ever, Myself and HID both lost our jobs within days. She applied to McD's and got it, then another part time elsewhere so I personally thank them for saving my house and family life.

Plus I love the Sausage, bacon and egg McMuffins!!!!!

HID says the place is well kept with good H&S and generally very clean, the only downside is working with a bunch of teens who care less than ever before.