There really is money to made on everything

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
People sell new premium balls, new budget balls, grade A reconditioned balls, lake balls, second hand balls or ebay, but what I came across today is both scraping the barrel and clever/dumb founding (can’t decide which).

Spotted in Home Bargains today. “Garbage Golf Balls”. That’s right, £1.99 for 3 balls some chump has found in the rough or in the water. They are all chipped, stained, and damaged. But as it’s marketed for “terrible golfers” some poor golfer’s wife/husband will buy them thinking they are being hilarious and said golfer will find it amusing. Bizarre. But people will buy crap if it’s marketed well.

3BE7C5EA-0D7E-42B6-AE16-0745FF00D291.jpegEE8CE171-C5D4-43B2-AF32-CB22BF7DD2D4.jpeg56EC96F6-42D4-461D-8889-520DFF5ABBED.jpeg

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That’s their own fault for marrying an idiot who would buy them .
My wife is under strict instructions not to buy me novelty golf crap, or anything golf related.
But your right people will buy anything , but the shelf looked pretty full!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Real mixed bag to be fair, you can see a Titleist in one of the sleeves and a range ball in the next one!

As mentioned though, you can lump these in with 'golf ball finding glasses', the golf ball holder pouch that goes on your belt, the golf ball ink stamper thing, the emoji balls, etc - junk Christmas presents from extended family who know nothing about you other than the fact you play golf. And yes I have received all four of those items mentioned in the past.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Real mixed bag to be fair, you can see a Titleist in one of the sleeves and a range ball in the next one!

As mentioned though, you can lump these in with 'golf ball finding glasses', the golf ball holder pouch that goes on your belt, the golf ball ink stamper thing, the emoji balls, etc - junk Christmas presents from extended family who know nothing about you other than the fact you play golf. And yes I have received all four of those items mentioned in the past.

Tell them you've given up golf and have taken up diamond collecting :)