Theatre

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

Anyone here frequent the theatre much ?

Tonight I took the wife to see The Lion King - totally blow away by it - amazing performance , have seen Phantom and Starlight but this was just out of this world - some of the performers were truely amazing.

Highly recommend it

Next up is Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with the nieces.

PS - amazed at how many come in later - some over 20/30 mins late
PPS - was appalled at the amount of times people were trying to take pictures with their mobile and how many kept using their mobile - disrespectful to the performers

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Watched blood brothers first time and shawshank redemption. Thought redemption was fantastic. Watched Dirty dancing, well you gotta rediscover your youth haven't you.
gobsmacked at the amount of shoppers that went to the theatre with armfuls of shopping bags.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Watched blood brothers first time and shawshank redemption. Thought redemption was fantastic. Watched Dirty dancing, well you gotta rediscover your youth haven't you.
gobsmacked at the amount of shoppers that went to the theatre with armfuls of shopping bags.

Saw our first show in 1978 - Evita - and have gone regularly ever since. The last one was Peter Pan Goes Wrong and it was very very funny. My favourite is one that mist people won't of heard of - Return to the forbidden planet, just love the acting and the music is mainly 60's

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
PS - amazed at how many come in later - some over 20/30 mins late
I wish they would enforce not to let anyone in after doors have closed. Had it at its worst at Lion King as well, but after the opening song where they do a lot in the audience in terms of animals.

I have seen a lot of these shows recently. The ms is as mad for them as I am, which helps.
I think we saw Guys and Dolls last, and we are going to see Sunset Boulevard next. Jesus Christ Superstar is also booked already for the summer.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Seen We Will Rock You several times. Saw just over half of Evita - hated it, and left just after half time. Miss Saigon was ok-ish. As for Les Mis.... Almost in the Evita bracket for me.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Was dragged along to see the Lion King...absolutely loved it. Went to see The Bodyguard too.

Have seen Love in Las Vegas, which is circus acts set to Beatles music, fantastic stuff.

Tab373

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Not my cup of tea love action films etc. But went Friday night as wife wanted to watch the Bodyguard. Couldn't get ticket local so went to Woking and I must say I really enjoyed it. Nice little break from the kids. Theatre was nice and the performance by all the singers were excellent. Highly recommend and don't knock it before you try it. I will have to try another show soon.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
over the years seen many west end shows, living a 30 minute train ride from baker Street means easy access.

But we dont go much these days, especially if we have 3 student age kids in tow, it gets very expensive, very quickly, add in food and rail fairs you can easily be looking at £500 plus. even just the two of us its £90 a ticket (average after a quick look at ticketmaster), £60 for grub inc a drink, so thats £250 without trains and interval drinks, programs etc.

last show we saw was Miss Saigon, it was good and we got a deal on the tickets, but it still cost over £400 for the family

TopOfTheFlop

Head Pro
Visit site
Lion King is an incredible performance. My Wife loved it so much we've seen it here at the Lyceum and in New York when we travelled. Saw Wicked which for an Oz spin off was good but the songs were all a little too similar and Broadyway (all the same pretty much) but my favourite was Jersey Boys, the story of Franky Valli, great sound track and great story.
My wifes other fav is Phantom of the Opera, again an infamous sound track so that always helps.
Great escapism and great way to get away from reality which is exactly what they are designed to do!
Glad you enjoy Phil

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Use talking to Missis T about this and she reminded :whistle:me that we have also been to see We will rock you which we thoroughly enjoyed and Grease. Danny was played by Ray Quinn and it looked like he was a "mini me" playing the main role.

irip

Head Pro
Visit site
I/we are regular theatre goers you can get great online deals and we normally have a meal first.

Most recent i saw was jersey boys about frankie valli and the four seasons, the young lad playing frankie was fantastic and had the best voice i have heard for years, i would highly recommend.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Saw our first show in 1978 - Evita - and have gone regularly ever since. The last one was Peter Pan Goes Wrong and it was very very funny. My favourite is one that mist people won't of heard of - Return to the forbidden planet, just love the acting and the music is mainly 60's

Heartily concur!

Athleticism par excellence!

Seen it twice and enjoyed the 'intimacy' of Woking much better than the grandeur of Slough (normally mutually exclusive terms!!).
Sat next to the father of one of the performers who mentioned that requirements for performers were acting ability/experience, 4 different instruments to pro standard and the ability to leap off 8 foot stage furniture! And a great Patrick Moore cameo too!

West End theatre tends to be a bit staid for me, though have been to quite a few in the past. Windsor is great - and has the comfiest theatre seats I've experienced!

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
My Mrs loves them, she dragged me along to the Lion King a few years back and now I very willingly go! Lion King is just awesone.

Wasn't a fan of Charlie, but you may enjoy it LP. I much preferred Matilda, even though I'm a huge fan of the Charlie story and not so much Matilda!

Also recommend Book of Mormon, Wicked, Jersey Boys and Billy Elliot.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Would highly recommend "Beautiful", the Carole King story. Fantastic singers, great acting and some funny comedy moments.

A pre-show meal makes it a thoroughly enjoyable evening!