The Ryder Cup

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
The Ryder Cup paid a visit to my place of work recently -

View attachment 12247

View attachment 12248

I understand the cup was taken and shown all over Scotland, a bit like the Olympic baton was.

It was also taken to the farthest Golf Course north of Scotland, which is Whalsay Golf Club, where my Brother, (Evahakool) is a member of. Whalsay is a small Island off the east coast of the Shetland Isles.
It has stunning views and is a tough course!

This was taken on the par 4 tee with the green in the far background.Ryder Cup.JPG

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was at Gleneagles over the weekend. Didn't see the Ryder Cup but did see the space they've created for it in a display case in the Dormy clubhouse.

:angry:

ppmac

Visit site
Is that the real trophy, or a replica?

The reason I ask is the trophy came to my place of work recently, and we were not allowed to touch it. There was even a member of the Ryder cup marketing team watching over us.

evahakool

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Is that the real trophy, or a replica?

The reason I ask is the trophy came to my place of work recently, and we were not allowed to touch it. There was even a member of the Ryder cup marketing team watching over us.

Yes it was the real trophy,whilst they let one of our senior members hold the trophy for photos with all presant, they weren't keen on anyone holding the trophy, but they put the trophy on a table and let anyone get indervidual photos.