The new season has arrived.

Dave3498

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Here we go again. All the usual multi-millionaires asking Joe Public to cough up some of his hard earned cash for 'Child-in-Need.' Why don't they just give the money themselves? I'm sure that money they collect is just small change to the likes of Bono. Sir Elton, Sir Paul and all the other celebrities. Even Sir Terry could give a bit I reckon, and they wouldn't have to keep bothering us with their stupid sad entertainment nights when neswsreaders start dancing and celebrity chefs put on funny hats. It's sickenning.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Not sure I agree wholeheartedly with what you say but I get where you are coming from. Personally I have a couple of pet charities I support which are both cancer charities and who did huge amounts to help my dad before he died. I tend to give to those first and then if I have anything spare give to others. However in these difficult times, I like many others are struggling to balance the domestic books each month and so I won't be giving anything to Children in Need although the idea of a few fairly fit female newsreaders in skimp outfits isn't all bad

thomas1981

Club Champion
Visit site
I can see your point but it is all for a good cause at the end of the day. Though agree totally on the cheesy celebs doing all sorts of cheap stunts. But i'm sure the likes of bono and elton john give a fair bit to charities throughout the year.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'm with HJS on this one.Standing order every month to McMillans Cancer they were great with my mum years ago!So no won't go with the Children in need thing.Good cause but am committed to 'better causes'! :p

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I suppose the celebs raise the profile of the cause, and it isn't just about the cash. I won't be watching however. The program makes me cringe.

Dave3498

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I'm with HJS on this one.Standing order every month to McMillans Cancer they were great with my mum years ago!So no won't go with the Children in need thing.Good cause but am committed to 'better causes'! :p

I too have a standing order to our local hospice. I know that they spend the money wisely, not like, as it turns out, many of the major charities who hav multi-millions in Icelandic banks. I thought they were supposed to spend it on what they wanted it for. I know that they need working capital and some reserves, but the amount they have stashed away is beyond all proportion. I have a feeling that much of it is spent on finacial advisers, management consultants and other hangers-on.