The Nedbank, Sun City

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just sitting here watching Setanta Golf. They're showing coverage of the Nedbank from Sun City and it's bringing back wonderful memories.

I played the course a couple of times in October '05 and it's a cracker.

Hired clubs and went round with some lovely guys the starter had paired me up with. Had been playing decent golf at the time and my caddy (who had been round with me on the other Sun City course, the Lost City course) reckoned I'd do well. I wasn't so sure.

However, he built up my confidence and I shot a 75 (off 11 at the time). I'll always remember it. 5 birdies, 7 pars, 5 bogies and a TRIPLE bogey ! Was level par at the turn, had lunch and then started back with an 8 at the par 5 10th after 4 putting from about 60 feet.

Oh how I wish we had their weather! It was 34 degrees centigrade when I played that day.

I won't mention the 4 lost balls for an 87 when I played it 2 days later. Oops, I just did :D Ah, the joys.

stevelockie

Head Pro
Visit site
You get around John!!

Must have been a fantastic experience. On the subject of the Nedbank does anyone know what new irons Ernie is playing?

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
I won the holiday on a bet, Steve.

Ernie's got new Callaway muscle back irons. Not sure what kind but apparently he didn't like the old cavity backs because he couldn't feel them.

J