The Grove

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Just to expand a little, without a doubt the best greens I have ever played on, quick but more importantly consistent. Fairways that looked like they had been cut with a beard trimmer and a layout that had you thinking all the way round. Lots of risk and reward holes, some great little quirks and rough as it should be, tough.

From the moment you drive in through the gates you're given the 5 star treatment, just wish my golf had been more than 1 star.

If you ever get the chance, play it. If anyone has a spare place to play it in the future, I'm there with bells on!

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Just to expand a little, without a doubt the best greens I have ever played on, quick but more importantly consistent. Fairways that looked like they had been cut with a beard trimmer and a layout that had you thinking all the way round. Lots of risk and reward holes, some great little quirks and rough as it should be, tough.

From the moment you drive in through the gates you're given the 5 star treatment, just wish my golf had been more than 1 star.

If you ever get the chance, play it. If anyone has a spare place to play it in the future, I'm there with bells on!

The greens were better a couple of months ago, ditto the fairways, and if you go off the black tees, wow, like carpet.

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
The greens were better a couple of months ago, ditto the fairways, and if you go off the black tees, wow, like carpet.

We did assume the greens would have been even better in the summer.......not sure my putting is up to greens that quick!

Once we were away from sight, we did use the blacks on the par 5s. Certainly made it interesting.....

D

Deleted Member 1156

I enjoyed the course when I played there in the Back on Black competition in the summer. Cost £125 for that event, good as a one off but I think the normal green fee is about £160? No way is the course worth that kind of cash, that money gets you onto Sunningdale, The Berkshires, a day at Hankley (with a LOT of change), Walton Heath or a day at St George's Hill.

Much better ways to spend your hard earned cash ;)