the golf swing

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sat here watching the open. Looking at all the different swings on show, got me wondering (this might apply more to self taught golfers out there).do you have a pro golfers swing you try and emulate?
Myself I try and copy, well as close as I can, within my limitations, Mr Roses swing. To me his swing is a thing of beauty. Simple, smooth, one Plane, with the minimum of moving parts.
I may never get there but it gives me something to strive for and judge my swing against.
What about you guys?

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Sat here watching the open. Looking at all the different swings on show, got me wondering (this might apply more to self taught golfers out there).do you have a pro golfers swing you try and emulate?
Myself I try and copy, well as close as I can, within my limitations, Mr Roses swing. To me his swing is a thing of beauty. Simple, smooth, one Plane, with the minimum of moving parts.
I may never get there but it gives me something to strive for and judge my swing against.
What about you guys?

I keep trying to emulate Jim Furyk but have limited success.

D

Deleted member 15344

No idea what my swing looks like - but it's only the ball flight I'm interested in anyway.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Apart from the obvious Jim-type "octopus" swing, they all look virtually the same to me.......
I could be emulating any or all of them......

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Apart from the obvious Jim-type "octopus" swing, they all look virtually the same to me.......
I could be emulating any or all of them......

Er....No!!!

I've seen it! And it's not much like any of them!

And nor is mine!

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
Id like to have Ernie or Freddie ,No idea who's i actually ended up with tho . ha

Working on have the easy smooth swing again now

owing to your drives Bill and the athletic physique I would have you more of a John Daly minus the booze and fags :D

my swing is more like whirling dirvish at 990mph.... well it was until last week, now its a thing of beauty and smooth as silk, coming to a course very soon :D

sev112

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's a good question
Important that you model a pro with similar body shape, posture etc

I always wanted an Ernie Els swing, but being 5'7" my pro modelled me on David Frost instead, limited compact backswing.