The Champions Dinner, four weeks today. What’s on your menu?

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Apparently this is still taking place and a few of the older boys like Charles Coody (83) and Bob Goalby (91) are still planning to be there.

It gets trotted out every year but what would you serve up in the middle of November?

The Par 3 won’t be happening by all accounts

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
I’m not sure what the seasonal greens are in November in Georgia but would almost certainly go with some scallops, Welsh lamb with Viennetta to finish

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
A 1970's Berni Inn classic, Prawn Cocktail, Rump steak with chips and peas followed by Black Forrest Gateux

Amazing. Even the bullet-like garden peas couldn’t take the edge off this meal. And always rump, no need to overthink things with any talk of sirloin etc

D

Deleted member 1147

Roast beef with Yorkshire puds, and a bottle of Mouton Rothschild to wash it down

D

Deleted member 3432

I'd be eating in my room and not with a room full of mainly Americans and their track record with covid.

One tradition that should be skipped this year.

Grizzly

Visit site
Starter, I'm going clam chowder. Main course is a toss up between Beef Wellington and Toad In The Hole. Desert has to be a Caramel Apple Betty.

Noone will be able to walk the next day! :)

D

Deleted member 1418

Mega Gut Buster from the Market Diner in Brighton.

But a change from 'tradition' and it will be the Champions Breakfast......the morning after a huge drinking session!!! ? ?