The axeman cometh (swing video)

Ian_S

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
A quick video of my swing from tonight. I didn't realise it looked quite as horrible as it does. I can see why I push it now though. Looking at the pro swings it looks like I need to work on getting my hands outside my right shoulder at the top of the swing. Anyone else any thoughts (I'm sure there are many). Video is in HD if you want better resolution. The driver head cover on the floor at the net represents a straight shot.

[video=youtube;l01H7RjADj8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l01H7RjADj8[/video]

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yes I agree you start back on one plane then suddenly lift your arms straight up onto an other plane. Other than that it does not look to bad. But guess the experts will be along soon?

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm no expert but it does look like you are snatching the club away and most probably breaking your wrists in the very first part of your swing. Your club waggle before you take your shot seems to show this and may even be encouraging you to do this.

A side on camera view of your swing should show this a lot more.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Ian:

MORE ROTATION !!!!

You stop rotating your body at impact and this is creating your push shot. Keep those hips rotating right through to target.

Ian_S

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Ian:

MORE ROTATION !!!!

You stop rotating your body at impact and this is creating your push shot. Keep those hips rotating right through to target.

Can't argue with that. Went to the range tonight, worked on getting my hands outside. First few pinged out straight and true. A few were still pushed and I worked out that was because I wasn't rotating through, or at least my swing plane was such that it didn't naturally bring my body round. Have to keep concentrating and remember the difference between an easy swing and a lazy swing.

Just have to keep practising until it feels natural.

Ian_S

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
A quick update. Here's how it looks now down-the-line and face-on in my garden (yes, it needs a mow, but it's been soaking for ages). I'll have to get another video of me striking a ball as a real test of it, but it feels better and looks more on plane.

[video=youtube;EhXkPHzI_0M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhXkPHzI_0M[/video]