The Apprentice - Genius TV?

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Must admit not a huge fan but just watched the latest episode.

Loved it, lying,cheating,manipulating,idiocy on a grand scale!

How many delusional self loving idiots can you get in one room?

The look on their faces when SrAlan said they might all go was a guilty pleasure. I felt dirty just watching it.

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Tony, we have all seen those 3/4 shorts you are wearing on the course,bad boy.

Not below the knee.

Mind you I have no right to talk about shorts.

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
As someone who sells stuff (I am NOT a sales rep) I think this group of ego maniacs are more focussed in sabotaging each others chances of winning than rising to the top and winning on their own merits. they have the thinnest venear of humanity I have ever seen in individuals.

This series of The Apprentice looks like Big Brother for arses who went to business school.

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Agreed. I just want to throw things at the telly when i see this bunch of ego-maniacal erses. I could never tire from hitting them in the face with a spiky stick.

Yes, genius TV. A great catharsis.

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
What is your definition of a Sales Rep?

I have to say that tonights episode sent me up the wall.

I have been in a similar if not identical situation. We had as a "training" exercise a "flight school" which was in effect a hot house to weed out the wheat from the chaff.

Over 3 days we had to conduct a campaign which normally would have taken months. You had to start with a newspaper report and their annual report and find an area where we could add value.
This included meetings,letters etc etc.

All the roll play people were actual directors of similar businesses (vodafone.Barclaycard etc) .

I led our team,we won and am still in contact with a couple of the people on the panel.

It was the most intense 3 days I can remember,but I knew then that I was in the right job.

I might add that Ihave never attended business school!!!

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
As someone who sells stuff (I am NOT a sales rep) I think this group of ego maniacs are more focussed in sabotaging each others chances of winning than rising to the top and winning on their own merits. they have the thinnest venear of humanity I have ever seen in individuals.

This series of The Apprentice looks like Big Brother for arses who went to business school.

agreed. I would rather poke my eyeballs out with a drill than watch this inane, mind melting, avaricious claptrap. How Sugar has the audacity to set himself up as The Daddy Of Business is beyond me. I wouldn't trust him to flog a horse let alone anything else. One word - Amstrad.

Bearded buffoon

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
They are all blaggers, not one of them has any real tallent. In the first series it was about people with real ability and from the first one its about what makes great TV not who can do the job.

How funny was that "A nice jewish boy" and he didnt know what kosha was lol what a tit.

OldWindy

Q-School Graduate
www.fronhaul-aberdovey.co.uk
But that's what makes this program so funny. Aside from the flying egos and daggers one thing makes this program for me - the sheer stupidity of the 'contestants'. From selling cheap cheese to the French to a Jewish lad not knowing what Kosher is...Hmmm. I would like to see an episode where they have to organise a p1$$ up in a brewery!

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I laughed so hard I thought I would choke.

They are on the Radio right now trying to justify themselves and doing really badly.

pjaz

Assistant Pro
Visit site
They are all blaggers, not one of them has any real tallent. In the first series it was about people with real ability and from the first one its about what makes great TV not who can do the job.

How funny was that "A nice jewish boy" and he didnt know what kosha was lol what a tit.

Totally agree. I see it more along the lines of the audition episodes for X-factor or Britains got Talent than a genuine attempt to uncover someone of genuine talent- and the winners will have the same length career as Michelle McMauns (Who, I hear you say. Exactly, say I).

Still, it is great telly.

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
Concencus is then that the first series had some 'talent' in it. But gotta agree that this series in particular is no better than Big Brother. I wouldn't employ most of them, bunch of back stabbing, lying, deceitful, egotistical, social climbing wannabes. Anyway that's my job in this company. :D :D :p

However it's still better to watch than all the damn soaps, and Sir Alans to stooges are just brilliant.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Tony, we have all seen those 3/4 shorts you are wearing on the course,bad boy.

Not below the knee.

Mind you I have no right to talk about shorts.

How did this end up in here? :D

Yes i have a very good reason for that though..... IT was a muni, haha.

I can asure you i am a very smart person and always wear the correct clothing when visiting private clubs, but yesterday we decided to play the muni so we could relax a little bit.

Anyway.... back on topic!

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Tony,I can only blame the second bottle of red and stupidity,take your pick as to the major contributor!

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm loving this! genius TV - ohh yes (in true Churchill dog style).

They've definitely got the big brother thing going on. BB gradually descended into a freak show for the dregs of humanity, self-centred deviants reminiscent of the bad side of Edwardian public entertainment.

The current Apprentice crop bring a brand new definition to the image of talentless, egotistical fools. One or two are passable, the rest are only worthy of a muddy home underneath some stone at the bottom of god's cesspit.

I watch it to swear and shout at them, so....it's hitting all the right buttons. Pity is though, that these type of folk are increasingly around us in real life...I'm afraid they get short shrift from me....whether it be buying or selling. What good is a salesperson who cannot sell because their malodorous personality turns you off in a nanosecond.

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
Judging by this motley crew I think Sir Alan Sugar will be bricking himself with the prespect of handing over a business portfolio to one off these cardboard cut outs. If I was him, I wouldn't trust them to park my Rolls Royce.

They are only out for the celebrity status and don't realise they will be forgotten in six months time. Any person with serious ambitions in business wouldn't need to hang on to the coat tails of a TV show to succeed.