The Apprentice 2019

YamiKuriboh

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Starts tonight. Anyone planning on watching it?

Just looking at the bios on the BBC website...Ryan-Mark Parsons, a 19 year old luxury womenswear consultant says 'I am the epitome of luxury'

Oh dear.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Had its day. Thought was good at the start but not anymore.

Understand they are in Cape Town, best place in World according to one report, absolute dump full of crime and unsafe.
Both teams are trying to flog tours and make a complete hash

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Quite like the main show, although I end up shouting at the TV! Usually enjoy the "You're Fired" programme on BBC2 afterwards more.

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
A mate of mine was on it about 6/7 years ago. Picked as one of the smart ones - they usually have a couple per year.

Came 2nd, cracked on anyway (he already had the business) and was a multi millionaire before he was 30. His company are handling about £100m in assets now. I say assets, but I mean wine. Apparently that's an asset.

A colleague of mine was on it last year. Picked as one of the fools.

Came 2nd last, back to work with tail firmly between legs. The seniority of his title given on the show when he was actually just in marketing for a corporate was hilarious. Much ribbing ensued.

dronfield

Visit site
Whilst i think it has probably run its course, the programme can be addictive, and like a lot of folk we probably watch it to see how bad the contestants are & how far up themselves they are.

Having watched the "You're fired" show, i must have had a sense of humour bypass - thought it was cringeworthy!

Rich

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I watch it and find most have absolutely no common sense. They've got enough hot air to raise a helium balloon and damage the atmosphere.
Still enjoy it though and as much as Lord Sugar is a billionaire, he's still a bit rough around the edges and hasn't lost contact with his Cockney roots 👍

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Watched the first couple of seasons, then realized that there were far more entertaining things to watch and do, would rather stick hot pokers in both my eyes than watch that utter dross.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I watch it and find most have absolutely no common sense. They've got enough hot air to raise a helium balloon and damage the atmosphere.
Still enjoy it though and as much as Lord Sugar is a billionaire, he's still a bit rough around the edges and hasn't lost contact with his Cockney roots 👍

Its well and heavily scripted, recorded re-shot and edited and he is following his broadcasting persona and like the rest they are all acting ! - its about as close to 'reality' as unicorns.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Watched last night. What a bunch. Schadenfreude is not a good emotion - but sometimes it is the only one available...

Look like there might be a couple of sensible-heads - plus the usual buffoons and balloons just inflating to be punctured.

Where I see things set up - I just ignore as I know they are set up. it's the human interactions and clashes of personality that I enjoy.

Last edited:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It is an entertainment show... a bit like Love Island for Business... dont read too much into it.
Used to be a real fan but missed the last 5 or so series. Caught the end of the episode last night. Looked a bit like Love Island with suits!
Nail on head. I'm sure at the beginning it was a genuine competition, but for the last several years there only seems to be 2 or 3 genuine candidates (which the producers probably ensure go through to the end anyway), and the rest braindead reality monkeys. Not for me.