Testing different shafts

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Quick question, to test different shafts on clubs ie drivers , do you have to go to a fitting centre like ping or are there other places that you can do this . If there are does anyone know of any in Hampshire. Only asking as got a cracking deal for a driver that my mate won on a society day, but I would like to test different shafts with it.

Cheers

Midnight...

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Depends what sort of driver. Is it one that you can swap out the shaft from?

If you are looking for a fitting centre in Hants, Jason McNiven at Golf Principles in Basingstoke (near the hospital) is excellent and has a huge range of shafts available.

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Depends what sort of driver. Is it one that you can swap out the shaft from?

If you are looking for a fitting centre in Hants, Jason McNiven at Golf Principles in Basingstoke (near the hospital) is excellent and has a huge range of shafts available.

Just picked up a g20 for cracking price, if I went to the place you suggest and it was deemed that another shaft would be better suited would they be able to remove the shaft from this club and fit another one ?

Again thanks for your help and advice mate

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just picked up a g20 for cracking price, if I went to the place you suggest and it was deemed that another shaft would be better suited would they be able to remove the shaft from this club and fit another one ?

Again thanks for your help and advice mate

Certainly. A pro can remove a shaft and replace it easily.

the reason I asked was that if you had, for example, a Titleist 910, you could probably go to a driving range with the fitting cart and try a few different shafts yourself.

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've used Jason for my driver fitting, and he was very accommodating and very helpful in explaining things to me.

Highly recommended.