Tea/Coffee at work

YamiKuriboh

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Our superior leaders have announced that they will no longer be providing tea bags, coffee and milk for us. We have a hot water tap and fridges.

Curious what people do for tea/coffee at work? Any recommendations for decent coffee to take black as I doubt i'll remember to bring in milk everyday. We're a selfish bunch so not sure team pooling of resources will work.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I was once told that Illy was the best. I don't use it as it is expensive. My home coffee machine is a Lavazza modo mio and that suits me grand. For ground coffee in a cafetiere we are not very fussy - as long as it is strong.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
We used to get free drinks from a machine and everyone moaned when the company got rid of it. I'd rather they got rid of free drinks rather than jobs so I wasn't fussed.

I bring in the ready made coffee sachets and just add water, can get some really nice ones.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The only coffee I really like black is good quality Espresso. I take in Instant and remember to bring in milk . If I have to have something without milk I will go for a herbal tea generally but I quite like reasonable instant with milk.

Wolf

Visit site
We have a healthy Cafe on site so get discounted proper coffee. But if I take my own it's the Aldi own brand Colombian for an instant coffee has good flavour and is ridiculously cheap.

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
If somewhere started cutting back on small things like that if be looking elsewhere sharpish, not a great sign of financial health to be pinching pennies.

We're a pretty typical tech firm, big shop with loads of fruit, healthy snacks, milk etc arrives on Monday morning for each floor. Nespresso coffee machine or filter coffee and tea provided free. And of course the obligatory Friday beer fridge is always stocked

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
If free milk was provided someone would take it home. Ditto for tea bags, and coffee. They steal the hand soap, toilet rolls, hand towels, polish, washing up sponges already. It wouldn't be so bad, but most of the theiving gits are multi multi millionaires. They only come to work as it's like a social club. Most on minimum wage too, or not far off.

YamiKuriboh

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Colleague bought in some nescafe alta rica. Tried it without milk. Not too bad. Haven't settled on a go to drink yet.

Noticed someone else in the office has bought in a French press machine. Seems a bit over the top!

merv79

Head Pro
www.ferndowngolfclub.co.uk
We have Nespresso machines at work, been really impressed with them and bought one for home!

Tea bags and milk also provided, plus fruit every day and alcohol on a Friday, I haven't heard of anyone stealing anything.

I would consider getting a filter coffee machine or cafetiere for coffee that will be better than instant but relatively cheap.