Taylormade CGB MAX, RBZ or Burner 2.0

nxw1969

Hacker
Visit site
Hi
I have been playing golf for around a year now, regularly for the last 6 months.

I currently have a set of 2008 CGB Max irons, and am thinking of upgrading to a set of either Burner 2.0s or RBZ's

The question is, is it worth it? I currently go around my local par 66 course in around 100 and local 9 hole par 31 course in 38.

I know there are lots of different factors to be considered, but has anyone else made the same move?

Thanks
Nick

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
I would see a pro for a lesson and ask his opinion. Trust me changing clubs doesnt work unless you need a fitting for reasons like being mega tall/short.

Or try hitting the others side by side with your own and see how they perform. Maybe go a couple of times though as once is probably not enough to fully gauge as your swing no doubt can change slightly from one day to the next.

keep us posted :thup:

nxw1969

Hacker
Visit site
Thanks - I have actually got an RBZ and Burner 2.0 ex demo club (both 6 irons) which I have been trying out for a couple of rounds, comparing them to my CGB MAX.
The RBZ seems to go further and straighter pretty much every time, I have only hit the Burner a couple of times, and the distance is good, but I hooked it on both occasions.

While it would be nice to get a club which lowers my scores, on the other hand, I am thinking that all I would be doing was masking issues I have with my current set, and it might be better to persevere with those and try and iron out any swing issues first.

I do make some great shots with the CGB's, but can then follow it up with an awful; shot, so I guess I need to try and work on those first!!!!

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
as per another thread about blades. A lot of golf imho is about confidence. In our swings and also the clubs we use. If you feel you will benefit from a change then why not. Its only money and you can't take it with you!

A bloke off here off single figures bought a set of RBZ so they must be good for all levels not just high h/c so could last a fair few years.

What does your head tell you?

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
the RBZ's and burners are not a lot different in head style design etc there maybe a difference in the shafts of the demo clubs.
You will pick the burners up a lot cheaper if you go this route are they are now not a current club being a 2010 release.