Taylor Made - Take a bow for customer service

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I bought a set of 2014 TM MC irons last March when on offer at a knock down price from a discount online retailer. A few months ago I noticed some chrome lifting on the face so queried the warranty with retailer who initially tried to fob me off saying out of warranty then offered me a few options before offering me my money back which I didn't want to do as I liked the irons. I spoke directly to TM who said to speak to a local pro shop and they'd deal with it.

4 weeks later, today I was told TM will offer me a new set of P770 irons as FOC replacements and I should have them next week. Can't say fairer than that.

Well done TM, you've a fan for life.

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have found personally or through friends that most of the big boys are very responsive to such things. I have had old clubs replaced by new before. They seem to favour this route rather than repair - I don't know why

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Lucky git! :D The face of my wedge was badly marking up too. i just bought a new one (non set) instead.

There’s no doubt I got lucky but given I bought the discontinued irons from new and it’s within the warranty period then I suppose a warranty is a warranty.

Have to say, I didn’t expect that result, I hope I get on with them :rofl:

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
There’s no doubt I got lucky but given I bought the discontinued irons from new and it’s within the warranty period then I suppose a warranty is a warranty.

Have to say, I didn’t expect that result, I hope I get on with them :rofl:

What shafts are in them big fella? 😉

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Very nice, I really liked the TM irons when I got fitted recently, ended up with P790 as I preferred the feel of them. Absolutely love them but would happily have got P770 as they were impressive

Hickory_Hacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Good stuff Val, pretty much a steal and you've made the right decision saying ok I suppose 😂
I'm on the P790's and enjoying them, good luck with yours.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I have found personally or through friends that most of the big boys are very responsive to such things. I have had old clubs replaced by new before. They seem to favour this route rather than repair - I don't know why

I had similar with Odyssey (Callaway). The insert in my works putter came off and I gave it to my pro to send back. They contacted him and offered me a brand new O-Works (with the micro hinges) rather than repairing the insert