Tablet etiquette.

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
What are the rules regarding the use of tablets?

For example. Is it exceptable to read a book or newspaper on a tablet whilst the Mrs watches soaps? Is it acceptable to watch iplayer with headphones on whilst she watches soaps? Or play games, or do some work?

The reason for asking is that I have been told by more than one woman, who thinks its okay for us chaps to read a paper book or newspaper but not a tablet version of the same book.

For some reason, tablets are anti social, but books and newspapers aren't??

What's your thoughts?

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Turn the tv off and tell her to interact with you instead. Women and soaps....... what is it with them? I cant abide them. My wife records them all and watches them one after the other at night when the kids are in bed. I just sit with the laptop out beside her.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If she's doing what she wants to do ie. watching soaps, then as far as I'm concerned all bets are off provided you don't do anything that prevents her from getting her fix.

Range sounds good to me.

sfby

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Can't see a problem myself - 2 months of Strictly Come Dancing is more than I can bear, so I take refuge in the iPad. Games, news websites - all acceptable as far as I'm concerned.

Of course, if Mrs sfby wants to turn the dancing off & go to the pub, that's fine by me too.

SS2

Tour Rookie
scoresaver.co.uk
What are the rules regarding the use of tablets? For example. Is it exceptable to read a book or newspaper on a tablet whilst the Mrs watches soaps?

There are no rules. There are no guidelines. If your Mrs chooses to watch a soap opera then all bets are off and you should consider anything short of dancing around naked singing "I'm a little teapot, here's my spout" as acceptable.

Quite why anyone would watch Corrie or MR Dale or 'stenders when they could be watching re-runs of the World at War (narrated by Laurence Olivier) or old Top Gears (especially the one where they set fire to the caravan) is beyond my comprehension.

stevie_r

Tour Winner
Visit site
The reason for asking is that I have been told by more than one woman, who thinks its okay for us chaps to read a paper book or newspaper but not a tablet version of the same

Is one of the things these women have in common that they have all, at some stage, been dropped on their head?

If the missus is watching one of her soaps, or the never ending barrage of American crime/ forensic series then I'll amuse myself, not sit there waiting for her to tear herself away from the screen.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
...and etiquette in the quiet zone of a train. Make sure the page-turning bleeping/tweeting is switched off. I still find myself getting a little irritated by continual hand flapping turning pages and the pages turning if someone is sat beside me using one - but then maybe I'm just an over-sensitive (mrs would laff at that) miserable, tetchy, old grump (she'sdagree with that)

Big D 88

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
The minute my partner switches on soaps/towie/toddlers in tiaras (i mean seriously?)...

...is the exact same moment i pull the laptop out. Either games/news reading/ or shot tracker (if we're in the middle of a tour event)

My guilty pleasure is Starters Orders 5 (addictive horse racing game?!)