Swing video assistance

wnn670

Medal Winner
Visit site
Thanks, will take on at the range from the rear tomorrow. That's the angle where my main problem is, have a habit of coming over the top, trying to lower my right side on the downswing and have the club coming from a better angle.

Only seems to affect the driver. Irons I get a slight draw or fade, or even straight, 5 wood generally a soft fade, driver wild slice

wnn670

Medal Winner
Visit site
dunno what you mean by that, however what I am trying to say is its easier to see my swing coming from over the top from behind than it is from side view

Minhoca

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Would be curious to see it from the back. Looks a touch flat from that angle but may be my visual perception. Not bad for playing since january. Do you swing in your garden alot?

Losttheplot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
looks fairly tidy to me, like previously said its a garden swing and not from the range or course which could prove different.

wnn670

Medal Winner
Visit site
yeah I go to the range a lot but taking videos is difficult due to space.

do try to work on things in the garden also. I'll upload one from the rear shortly, its a garden swing again but I have seen my swing from the range on the computer their and its pretty consistant

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Your club is coming down UNDER plane... notice half way down how the shaft is lower than your right forearm?

This will mean that you block a lot of shots right and/or hook a lot of shots.

Think about having a small child standing next to you (about waist height) and you have to swing the club down on such a plane that you don't decapitate them :p

Your hip turn could be better why may help you bring the club down slightly more in front of you rather than behind yourself.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Think about having a small child standing next to you (about waist height) and you have to swing the club down on such a plane that you don't decapitate them :p
You are such a spoil-sport!:whistle:

Wrist-cock seems to start a bit early (at least on the iron swing) too.

Does look like 'bad' shots would be blocks though.

Still a really good swing for 6 months imo.

D

Deleted Member 1156

The only problem I find with garden swings is sometimes they are not very stable and if kids swing too hard on them, the pegs come out the ground and they topple over, kids get hurt when that happens.

But back to your video..........

Can I ask...is that your 'real' swing or is it just an artificial swing you have put on for the camera? The reason I ask is it looks a bit unnatural, almost as if you are thinking about it a bit too much. If it is your real swing, from side on it looks as if you are taking the club away a bit too much on the inside. Try to keep the clubhead outside your hands on the way back to keep the club on plane. Other than that, a few minor issues but overall very good for someone that has been playing for such a short period of time.