Swing update

SHiiBBZ

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi folk,

Posting here as a way of recording my progress really. I've nearly been playing golf a year now - started in July last year. Having only ever played pitch and putt at our local park, I'm really pleased with the progress I've had.

I had 7 lessons with my local pro and the end of last year and any progress since then has been from people like the Coach on here and watching videos on YouTube.

I'm now playing off 27 - but hoping to get down to 22 or so this year. The massive fault in my game was my tee shots. Bad drives regularly meant 3 off the tee so I was fighting a losing battle. My best score was 96 gross, which took my handicap down from 28 to 27. I've made some slight changes in my driver swing recently thanks to tips from the coach on here and it has massively improved my driving. Last weekend I won the long drive competition at our society with a drive of over 300 yards.

My iron play has improved too - whereas before I was taking a lot of divots and chunking the ball a lot, I now concentrate on keeping the weight on my left foot in my backswing and this has almost fixed that instantly.

Anyway - looking for further feedback on how to improve my swing. Here is a driver swing I took tonight;

[video=youtube;74ew23XieFY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74ew23XieFY[/video]

Driver swing in Feb this year in next post

The main changes I made were making sure I am nice and wide in my backswing, concentrate on weight on my left foot and also really try and turn my back on the target to make sure my body is pivoting more generating more power.

Doing the above has really stopped the slicing and the power fades I was having. Tonight I'd say 8/10 of my drives were very straight and hitting the back fence (250 yards, bouncing first!)

I'd like to know if there is anything else I can further improve on to get that 8 up to 10/10 and if there are any bad habits you guys can see that I can change before I get too used to it!

Thanks all

SHiiBBZ

Club Champion
Visit site
Compared with my driver swing in February (i've lost a bit of weight since then, maybe being a bit thinner has helped? haha)

[video=youtube;KiV0Cwnut-4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiV0Cwnut-4[/video]

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
At address, your shoulders point way left of your target so I would work on that first. It will feel like you're aiming miles right but trust it.
Your footwork isn't textbook either but work on your shoulders first