Swing Path

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Hypothetically speaking, if someone were to hit all their irons from the inside, but the driver path occasionally comes from the outside, what would be the most likely cause?

If it were happening.

Hypothetically.

:D

Thank you.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
logically it would seem to suggest feeling too crowded with the long stick to come through from the inside for some reason.....?

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hypothetically speaking, if someone were to hit all their irons from the inside, but the driver path occasionally comes from the outside, what would be the most likely cause?

If it were happening.

Hypothetically.

:D

Thank you.

Hope your not talking about me!:ears::cheers:

This is what i do i think:mmm: and i cant wait for the answers....

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
The ball is further forward with the driver so it's more natural for the club to returning to the inside at impact. To hit from the inside with driver (without dropping the right shoulder and getting 'stuck') isn't easy. I'd suggest if you are trying to hit up on your driver that you stand slightly closed (for a draw)... and make sure your shoulders aren't open to the PATH.

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bob do you find, a lot of people will have their shoulders slightly open, with the ball being forward in the stance. Even though their feet and hips are square to the line. So looking as though they are swinging out to in? But are in actual fact swinging along the shoulder line. Only asking as this was something I use to do before I realised it.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Bob do you find, a lot of people will have their shoulders slightly open, with the ball being forward in the stance. Even though their feet and hips are square to the line. So looking as though they are swinging out to in? But are in actual fact swinging along the shoulder line. Only asking as this was something I use to do before I realised it.

Yes.
The question then is do you square up the shoulders to the feet which feels horrible to the golfer or do you aim the feet to the right so the shoulders point straight. :p

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Hope your not talking about me!:ears::cheers:

This is what i do i think:mmm: and i cant wait for the answers....

Yep... that's it. I saw your post and thought I'd ask the question on your behalf.

Not me... no sireeee.

I think I got away with it.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The ball is further forward with the driver so it's more natural for the club to returning to the inside at impact. To hit from the inside with driver (without dropping the right shoulder and getting 'stuck') isn't easy. I'd suggest if you are trying to hit up on your driver that you stand slightly closed (for a draw)... and make sure your shoulders aren't open to the PATH.

Hmmm... it's hard to know as it doesn't say on the LM how far apart the little club diagrams are that show the path of the last shot.

I know I also have a tendency to sometimes forget to square my shoulders back up after pushing my hands forward with the club being so far forward.

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
I square up my shoulders to my feet. By tilting slightly(slightly more weight on my left/back foot). It does feel as though my shoulders are closed even though I know they are square. Guess its one of those feeling that will stay with me. As its years ago that I changed and its second nature to set up like that. But the feeling still feels closed. I even check every now and then by putting the club across my shoulders, hips and knees to make sure I'm square and not drifted into a closed set up.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
A loop at the top of the backswing caused by the shoulders following the hips...hypothetically

That's it Bob, you've got the idea ;)

When you say 'shoulders following the hips', do you mean they lag behind, or stay in sync?
What should the relationship between shoulders and hips be in the downswing?

Would trying to hit it too hard be the most likely cause if this were the reason?
I don't feel like I try to welly it, but I guess I could be.

I might have to rein it in a bit and just settle for 270 ;)

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
That's it Bob, you've got the idea ;)

When you say 'shoulders following the hips', do you mean they lag behind, or stay in sync?
What should the relationship between shoulders and hips be in the downswing?

Would trying to hit it too hard be the most likely cause if this were the reason?
I don't feel like I try to welly it, but I guess I could be.

I might have to rein it in a bit and just settle for 270 ;)

What! Your going to drop below the forum average of 300yrds?

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
My last 2 rounds, something weird happened.

Both times, on 18, I hit my drive in an iffy place so took a provisional.
Both times I changed my shot choice, and hit a 5yd draw into perfect position just by thinking about hitting a draw and not consciously doing anything different.

Strange game. :confused:

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
What! Your going to drop below the forum average of 300yrds?

Needs must when you hit as few fairways as I do :lol:

Funnily enough the guy at the club where the LM was said a lot of people think it's broken as it says they hit their driver a lot shorter than the distances they get out on the course.

I had to larf.