SuperSpeed Training

Thread starter #1

Jordanti9

So about 5 weeks ago I got myself some of the overspeed sticks, and a PRGR, have been following the protocols, I start level 2 this week.

My swing speed prior to this was 85mph 7 iron, 100mph driver. These speeds were both from Trackman & PRGR.

5 weeks in, my 7 iron swingspeed is 87mph and driver is 106mph. (I have reached 89 and 108 respectively, but neither of these are repeatable on a constant basis, so I have taken the numbers I am seeing on the golf course)

In terms of swing speed, everything is working, and my long game has never been better. However and this may just be me, for a period of 2 weeks I could not stop shanking anything 9 iron or less the moment I put any speed into the swing. This has seemingly resolved itself, it may be adjusting to new speed I’m not sure. But i thought worth noting.

Overall when considering the price of new golf gear, I would highly recommend these to anybody looking to gain some distance. Yes they are pricey, but the biggest investment is committing to the 3x per week, and committing 110% to every swing.

I will continue to track my gains and will post an update on a few months. Hoping to hit 110 driver.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Staff member
So about 5 weeks ago I got myself some of the overspeed sticks, and a PRGR, have been following the protocols, I start level 2 this week.

My swing speed prior to this was 85mph 7 iron, 100mph driver. These speeds were both from Trackman & PRGR.

5 weeks in, my 7 iron swingspeed is 87mph and driver is 106mph. (I have reached 89 and 108 respectively, but neither of these are repeatable on a constant basis, so I have taken the numbers I am seeing on the golf course)

In terms of swing speed, everything is working, and my long game has never been better. However and this may just be me, for a period of 2 weeks I could not stop shanking anything 9 iron or less the moment I put any speed into the swing. This has seemingly resolved itself, it may be adjusting to new speed I’m not sure. But i thought worth noting.

Overall when considering the price of new golf gear, I would highly recommend these to anybody looking to gain some distance. Yes they are pricey, but the biggest investment is committing to the 3x per week, and committing 110% to every swing.

I will continue to track my gains and will post an update on a few months. Hoping to hit 110 driver.
Been thinking about it for a while, definitely need to try something to turnbaround my ever decreasing swing speed. Only thing that puts me off is the price being notoriously tight.

Just out of interest how much were they?

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Been thinking about it for a while, definitely need to try something to turnbaround my ever decreasing swing speed. Only thing that puts me off is the price being notoriously tight.

can't you just put lots of lead tape on an old club?

Thread starter #5

Jordanti9

I believe they were £200 off Amazon, which admittedly is on the pricier side. However the results can’t be argued with (for myself anyway), especially when you see new drivers coming out promising more distance, costing £500+ and giving you a couple of yards.

Backache

Assistant Pro
A lot of the speed training relies on having lighter 'clubs' rather than heavier 'clubs' so you can swing them faster.
You are trying to build up speed as much as strength.
I have heard of people buying copies and using the superspeed training protocols, not sure how readily available they are now.

Jason.H

I’ve gained 10% more speed in 5 weeks. Really notice the ball flight is very different with the driver. Just using PRGR with my golf clubs , 7 iron and driver.

Thread starter #8

Jordanti9

A lot of the speed training relies on having lighter 'clubs' rather than heavier 'clubs' so you can swing them faster.
You are trying to build up speed as much as strength.
I have heard of people buying copies and using the superspeed training protocols, not sure how readily available they are now.
I think what convinced me to go for the Superspeed ones, was listen to chasingscratch podcast, they had someone who worked for Superspeed on who was talking about them.

The Stack seems to be the one to get if you don't mind paying £££s

I bought a speed stick with three different weights on Amazon for £49.99 - I believe this is essentially the same as the Superspeed Sticks but it's one stick where you add the weight instead of 3. Works really well, and I don't see how Superspeed would be worth the additional £150. Getting a PRGR or another decent launch monitor is essential though - you can pick one up for around £150 on eBay.

Jason.H

It’s actually the opposite, you start out swinging lighter weight which allows you and your body to get used to more speed. Eventually moving up in weight and the extra speed gained will be there with the driver and other clubs.