Study time

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'll be holding back from contributing forum much for a while to concentrate on what is proving to be a much greater task of studying the new rules than I anticipated. Maybe that's a matter of age! With a requirement by Scottish Golf to attend a rules course in March in order to revalidate under the new rules, I can't afford to spend time on forums which I need to spend on more structured learning. I'll keep looking in and might not be able to resist the odd comment, but by and large I'll be on a "sabbatical".

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Missing you already :)

Good luck with the rules course.

I haven't started to read them at all yet, I will read them before I next play in March.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Good luck

I know from experience of study in later life doing the refs exam would be a waste of time for me. They put far too much emphasis on remembering the Rule numbers and my experience of the last time I took an exam was I could answer all the 'logic' questions perfectly but when it came to remembering something similar I was useless.

Luckily in my employment exams we were allowed all the reference manuals and the questions were set in such a way that what we had to show was that we had the ability to quickly refer to the manual for an interpretation and answer and it was not a test of memory.