Streaks on Counting Rounds

Canfordhacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Pretty chuffed with the way I have been playing since New Year - my last 5 rounds have all been "counting" rounds in my handicap index calculation. Means I have a good shot of getting even lower in coming weeks, but I will have a tough period probably towards end of March!

Any other good streaks out there?

RichA

Visit site
I play quite a few comps, so I've given up submitting recreational rounds. I haven't had more than 2 consecutive counting rounds.
I can barely string 2 good holes together at the moment.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I had a streak in 2013 of 22 consecutive rounds of par or better (gross) at Sunbury. I was so annoyed when it ended.

NB- they weren't all qualifiers. About four were including the final round of the Club Champs that year. But the old SSS was three below par at that place.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Most of my best rounds come between July and September, every year. Still have five counting rounds in a row from that period in 2020.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
vanity handicap?

aren’t you out every week?
Vanity handicap of 15? :ROFLMAO: No, I only put cards in from competitions, and I don't bother playing comps in winter as it's a waste of time. Plus I've stopped caring as much about the handicap since WHS came in anyway. If I had have put some in over the last few months I could've probably been off 13 by now but whatever.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Officially on a run of my last 5 rounds counting up until the end of November. We then switched to a winter course, which if we could put cards in I would have had the most recent 8 rounds as counters before I had a shocker last weekend.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Vanity handicap of 15? :ROFLMAO: No, I only put cards in from competitions, and I don't bother playing comps in winter as it's a waste of time. Plus I've stopped caring as much about the handicap since WHS came in anyway. If I had have put some in over the last few months I could've probably been off 13 by now but whatever.

Are you entering the Trilby Tour?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

I get where you are coming from. We have a 3 handicapper who doesn't play in December and January as he thinks its a waste of time.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I had 7 out of 9 rounds counting sometime last year...a run of 4, a couple of non counters and a run of 3

Different tack - the other week I had 11 pars on the bounce..