Stoptober

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
Not that I've joined it officially. But used to smoke approx 10 a day, but with the help of the girlfriend and an electronic cigarette, I've been 'clean' for the month so far.

Had a stinker of a cold for 10 days earlier in the month, I'm sure not helped by quitting. Still would kill for a fag at times, but the support from someone close to me has made a huge difference.

It's about the umpteenth time of trying, but its going a lot better than previously.

Anyone else in the same boat this month?

stevie_r

Tour Winner
Visit site
At least you're sticking with it mate !

Got a 24 hour patch on and have some of the gum. My motivation is a set of MP53s.

Between us we spend approx £3,500 a year smoking which is frankly ridiculous and there are the obvious health considerations.

6inchcup

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
i smoked about 20 a day ( those who smoke know i am lying) until my heart attack in june this year,the bloke in the next bed had been given months to live and seeing that poor bloke (in his 40's) crying when his kids left after visiting was all the insensitive i needed,got the patches and apart from some mad dreams have been ok,mind you spending another 6 weeks in hospital having a kidney opp is helping,keep it up fellas it is going to get tough but we must be mugs spending a fortune on something we know is going to kill us,if you haven't yet join a nhs fag ends clubs,free aids to stopping and they give you an incentive to quit not unlike a weight watchers type affair,go once a week blow into a machine and listen to some advice and its all free,good luck.:thup:

D

deanobillquay

Keep it up, I smoked 20 a day (sometimes more) for 17 years. I've been off them around 7 years now.

I have the odd Cuban cigar but that's for pure enjoyment and not habit. It's probably been around 3 months since I last had one too, a nice montecristo.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've been off the fags since before Stoptober. (Since Quitember...)

That's one of the reasons I've not been on here.....I've discovered "vaping", and had to sign up to some forums to get the full information.

Not that I want to lecture anybody on this, but a standard e-cigarette is simply not equipped to deliver the nicotine neccessary to quit the smokes without cravings.

I started on one from Morrisons supermarket (E-lite) and struggled desperately despite never being on more than 10 a day, maybe 15 on a "golf" day. Messed around with those (I had a few) then bought a proper e-cig kit, and since then it's been plain sailing.

Piece of extremely large and fat cake with masses of icing and lashings of hot tea.

You've got to get the "dose" right and from there, cut down the nicotine intake.

Tomorrow, I am expecting (in the post) some of the lowest nicotine liquid on the market....if I "vape" on this 20 times a day, that'll be the equivalent of about 2-3 cigs.

If you've been clean for a month, you've certainly got past the hard bit (and you are doing better than me as well).

Good for you mate! If you want to know anymore, keep in touch.

Dave

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
I've been off the fags since before Stoptober. (Since Quitember...)

That's one of the reasons I've not been on here.....I've discovered "vaping", and had to sign up to some forums to get the full information.

Not that I want to lecture anybody on this, but a standard e-cigarette is simply not equipped to deliver the nicotine neccessary to quit the smokes without cravings.

I started on one from Morrisons supermarket (E-lite) and struggled desperately despite never being on more than 10 a day, maybe 15 on a "golf" day. Messed around with those (I had a few) then bought a proper e-cig kit, and since then it's been plain sailing.

Piece of extremely large and fat cake with masses of icing and lashings of hot tea.

You've got to get the "dose" right and from there, cut down the nicotine intake.

Tomorrow, I am expecting (in the post) some of the lowest nicotine liquid on the market....if I "vape" on this 20 times a day, that'll be the equivalent of about 2-3 cigs.

If you've been clean for a month, you've certainly got past the hard bit (and you are doing better than me as well).

Good for you mate! If you want to know anymore, keep in touch.

Dave

Hi Dave.
Still sticking with the Cally x18s then? Some things don't change despite me not being on here for a long time. :)

Back to the electronic fags. I have a nicolites thing. Not sure if its the same type of thing you have. Though it does sound like you're doing really well. Have you slipped at all over the last couple of months?
Graham

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hi Dave.
Still sticking with the Cally x18s then? Some things don't change despite me not being on here for a long time. :)

Back to the electronic fags. I have a nicolites thing. Not sure if its the same type of thing you have. Though it does sound like you're doing really well. Have you slipped at all over the last couple of months?
Graham

Cally's :).

Boy, are they looking tired and old... six years old (at a guess), 500 rounds (?) 4,000 + range balls. Surprised they haven't fallen apart.

Nicolites...yes, they are the same a E-lites, Sky-cig, Vapestick, ROK (not all) and the rest.

No slips - :) BUT it took some proper gear to get sorted.