Stiff shaft question

Farneyman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Having owed my irons mizuno mx15's since 2005 I have only discovered this evening that my shafts are stiff. Never paid attention on this when bought them and wouldn't have known any difference. Liked the price hit them in range and bought them. Never tried any other clubs...schoolboy error I know now.

I am only starting to keep the ball in play more consistently last 6-9 months going from 18-12 in the process. My question is what is the effect of a stiff shaft and what would regular do.

I am sure this topic was covered before but search function doesn't like me...

T

thecraw

Stiffer should give you a better dispersion however if they are too stiff the common shot is leaked low and right.

Given the way your handicap has tumbled and the vast improvement in your game I wouldn't worry about your shafts.

Also on today's evidence I think your shafts suit you just fine!

Farneyman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Am pretty happy with how I'm hitting them now as they are. Bit of left to right when I hit them well. Will be interesting to see what I get fitted with when I visit "he who shall not be named" for a custom fit once I get a few shackles gathered up.

Aye good game today. It was nice to see you holding onto your clubs for a change ;-)

T

thecraw

Am pretty happy with how I'm hitting them now as they are. Bit of left to right when I hit them well. Will be interesting to see what I get fitted with when I visit "he who shall not be named" for a custom fit once I get a few shackles gathered up.

Aye good game today. It was nice to see you holding onto your clubs for a change ;-)

Just a shame my back is sore from carrying you again!