Steroid injection in my shoulder.

Andy808

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had one in my right shoulder yesterday to try and cure the injury I gained when I came off my bike last October. Having the jab itself was fine as the doctor that did it used to be and anesthetist and I really didn't feel a thing. Today it's been quite painful but I have a match on Saturday and just need to know if anyone has had one and if it's going to be okay to play with by then?
I really hope it is as I'm playing really well at the moment.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Mrs Imurg is about to have these in both shoulders over the next 6 weeks and she's been told to take it easy for the couple of weeks following each one. Not doing nothing but nothing too strenuous either.
Worth checking with the Doc methinks

Andy808

Tour Winner
Visit site
Mrs Imurg is about to have these in both shoulders over the next 6 weeks and she's been told to take it easy for the couple of weeks following each one. Not doing nothing but nothing too strenuous either.

The doc told me a couple of days not weeks so Mrs Imurg might be looking for an easy ride for a while. :ears:

Is this not on the list of banned substances?

Not even thought about that to be honest.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Had one about six months ago and thought it was a complete waste of time. Until about four months later. The pain gradually eased to an extent it was nearly none existent and the movement gradually became better. However after four months the pain and movement was back to normal. I did not realise how good it had been.
i went back about six weeks ago for another injection and this time it is rubbish. I don't know if it was injected in the wrong area but not impressed at all.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Had one (ended up having 2) a couple of months ago. The actual jab has an anesthetiser in it which wears of after a few hours hence an increase in pain. Took it easy for a week played some golf but needed another shot and that did the trick.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I'd speak to a doctor and get some proper advice but masking the pain for a game of golf doesn't sound a great idea and I'd be worried about longer term damage or exacerbating the current injury

SGC001

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I had one in my right shoulder yesterday to try and cure the injury I gained when I came off my bike last October. Having the jab itself was fine as the doctor that did it used to be and anesthetist and I really didn't feel a thing. Today it's been quite painful but I have a match on Saturday and just need to know if anyone has had one and if it's going to be okay to play with by then?
I really hope it is as I'm playing really well at the moment.

Had 1 in my hand about 6 weeks ago, bruise for just over a week, hit a few balls and experienced some pain 3 days after injection. Could've played through it, didn't think it advisable though as not a match.

improved things no end, but need another as the injection didn't reach the whole area of pain, some is in wrist area. Hoping consultant will inject again on follow up appointment.

Good luck

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'd speak to a doctor and get some proper advice but masking the pain for a game of golf doesn't sound a great idea and I'd be worried about longer term damage or exacerbating the current injury

Spot on Homer.

When I was about 30 I had an Achilles problem for about 3 years,after going to the docs on and off for stretches etc I asked him about Cortisone injections,he gave me one and they were that good I could basically run on it straight away.

After a few months the pain came back and I had 3 more all told over the next 2 years.

I can promise you now I am suffering so bad atm with my Achilles I can hardly walk without extreme pain.

For such a short term gain I would strongly advise staying away from these type of injections.

I have also had one in my shoulder after 7 dislocations,I have an op to repair the shoulder but the pain now is so bad I cant sleep on my right side.

If your doc does suggest having one ask him about long term damage first before deciding.

Andy808

Tour Winner
Visit site

Doc said it needed a couple of days not weeks. Just wondering how other got on after having them.

mteam

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I used to have them every month in my shoulder a day or so after mine was fine. I suppose it depends what the actual injury is but if your doc says a couple of days I wouldn't worry about it

Has he advised you to do any stretches ?

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I had 2 in my left shoulder for tendinitis. Was fine after both and didn't stop me playing, but I had no pain playing golf before the injections either.

I could whack driver as hard as I wanted, but it was agony to scratch my back!

Andy808

Tour Winner
Visit site

Spot on Homer.

When I was about 30 I had an Achilles problem for about 3 years,after going to the docs on and off for stretches etc I asked him about Cortisone injections,he gave me one and they were that good I could basically run on it straight away.

After a few months the pain came back and I had 3 more all told over the next 2 years.

I can promise you now I am suffering so bad atm with my Achilles I can hardly walk without extreme pain.

For such a short term gain I would strongly advise staying away from these type of injections.

I have also had one in my shoulder after 7 dislocations,I have an op to repair the shoulder but the pain now is so bad I cant sleep on my right side.

If your doc does suggest having one ask him about long term damage first before deciding.

He's been waiting to do this for a while as I had to have a scan on the shoulder first to check for ligament damage or a muscle tear as it can have an adverse effect on these injuries. The scan showed no tears or damage to the ligaments so he has injected into the joint itself.