Stay and play courses

• Thread starter Deleted member 25172
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 25172

Stay and play places 2-2.5 hours from London that you can recommend?

Going with father in law and his brother who both have dodgy knees, but as they’re stubborn mules they are walking.

Intention was to go to Breadsall Priory but after reading about how hilly it is, I thought I’d check here for recommendations.

Going end September, around the £100-£150 mark, Sunday to Monday.

D

Deleted member 15344

Hanbury Manor
Woodhall is about 2.5 hours from London
Forest of Arden
Stoke By Nayland
Warwickshire is nice
Whittlebury Hall

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Some of the guys I play golf with use the Od Thorns at Liphook once a year. Never played there myself but it must be ok if they go there every year.

oldthorns.com

D

Deleted member 15344

Celtic Manor is within the time... (M25 willing:rolleyes:)

Bowood is worth a thought.....

Old Thorns? Edit...just saw Old Thorns above...go a play Liphook, Hindhead or Hankley near by too
Old Thorns is not the easiest to walk though and adding in those other courses takes it way above budget

D

Deleted member 17920

Stay and play places 2-2.5 hours from London that you can recommend?

Going with father in law and his brother who both have dodgy knees, but as they’re stubborn mules they are walking.

Intention was to go to Breadsall Priory but after reading about how hilly it is, I thought I’d check here for recommendations.

Going end September, around the £100-£150 mark, Sunday to Monday.
Best send me a PM to see if we can sort a deal out for you at Woodhall 😉

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Dartmouth is a good course with a hotel. Bransford near Worcester has an interesting course with lots of lakes and a few island greens, nice hotel also.

D

Deleted member 25172

Thanks all for the suggestions! Unfortunately, the better and more prestigious courses will have to go, cause my father in law and brother are absolutely atrocious at golf. No joke when I say that. It will just be plain embarrassing. There’s a few months left for improvement, but yeah... Will start look into all suggestions closer tomorrow.

D

Deleted member 21258

Ufford Park Golf (rolling countryside)
Hintlesham golf with separate hotel right next door
Abbotsley Golf
Stoke by Nayland
Barnham Broom Golf (slightly hilly in parts but I would call it rolling countryside rather than hilly)

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
The two (non 2010) courses at Celtic Manor are not an easy walk.....far from it! They are not easy courses to play either, but i've seen company days there where a van full of clubs turns up for people on corporate days where some attendees have never touched a club in ther lives! :) Several walked in after 3 thankfully....they aint fussy if you pay the fee!