Stapleford Comp

Range_Ball

Club Champion
Visit site
I am playing in my frist 72 hole stapleford comp in early Aug over 2 days. Has anyone played in this sort of comp if so what advice and or strategy would you suggest.
My current H.Cap is 25 the obvious thing to do is try and score on every hole over the two days.

Thanks

RB

simplyme

Head Pro
Visit site
72 holes will take it's toll over 2 days.

My advice, is play to your strengths, minimise the weakness. You play off 25, so I presume it will be 3/4? You'll get a shot a hole, utilise this! Always take your punishment, if you put yourself in trouble, don't be aggressive and attack the green, chip out onto fairway and then knock it on, that's the beauty of having the shots.

I played in our club champs a few weeks ago and made sure I played everything with my shots. I left the big dog in the car, used my 3 iron / 5 wood off the tees and came in 11th, just by playing sensible.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
the one which suggests itself to me is pacing yourself. play at your speed and don't let the cowboys (and there will be some) force you into too fast a game.
despite some past comments there is no stigma attached to letting them through if necessary (you'll probably be passing them in later rounds).

Down_The_Middle

Head Pro
Visit site
I tend to try and play to my H/C. Play it sensible and use your shots to your advantage. E.G, If you get a shot on a par 4 try to make the green in 3, rather than trying to hit a big 2nd shot and making a meal out of it.

evita4

Head Pro
Visit site
I tend to try and play to my H/C. Play it sensible and use your shots to your advantage. E.G, If you get a shot on a par 4 try to make the green in 3, rather than trying to hit a big 2nd shot and making a meal out of it.

DTM, Good advice indeed.