stapelford abbotts

sandmagnet

Head Pro
Visit site
hi chaps. can anyone tell me the joining fee and course layout ie is it worth it. Romford GC if possible also. looking to join my 1st club next year so if any other courses in the Romford area worth a look at I would be most grateful tyvm frank.

Scotty_Tom

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Morning!

Where abouts do you live?

I don't know much about SA, played there once and the course wasn't in good condition, they play the greens all year round, no matter what, flood, ice, snow etc. Friend of mine was there for a while but left and joined my club. having said that, I did hear that it was nice this weekend just gone.

Romford is a course I really like, good layout can get going around there. only downside is traditionally its hard to get into and very snobby. I myself was a member there for a short while as a junior as my second club but when I was old enough to pay my own way I was going to uni, hardly playing any golf so I kept on at my home club (where I was since I was 12-13). My dad is a member at Romford and I have played there recently, its abit more relaxed there now but still very strict on a lot of things. (Which isn't a bad thing IMO) I think the subs are something like £1400-1500 a year, no idea on a joining fee.

My home club is Ilford GC, that's where ive been for the past 16 years and love it. good little course and with greens that are in great condition the majority of the year. We are also doing some fantastic deals on memberships at the moment. 7 day membership for £520 for a year, £780 for 18months! Juniors for £49.

sandmagnet

Head Pro
Visit site
morning tom. I am in Romford and never played Ilford tbh is that the one on the 406 with the bridge? been doing a bit over risebridge which is in ok condition but not much of a clubhouse and you have to join another part to get a handicap and in the comps

Scotty_Tom

Assistant Pro
Visit site
that's the one yea, just off the A406 with the bridge over to the course. You should get over there for a game, green fee's are £10 during the week and £15 at weekend IIRC, and you wont find better greens anywhere for that money, or even a lot more money!!

I live in Romford myself, takes about 20mins to get to Ilford, ive grown up there, theres a group of us that were kids and have stayed there throughout the years. I got married last year and my best man and two groomsmen were the 3 lads I first met when I joined Ilford, been great mates ever since!

Scotty_Tom

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Drop me a PM when you think you might head over there, if im available im happy to have a game, if not I could also meet you for a pint afterwards!