Stand bag repair

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have a Ping hoofer stand bag but the mechanism is buggered so the legs don't retract when you pick it u p.

I was thinking of trying to get it repaired, if th ats possible ?

Failing that I see AG are selling TM bags for £90, anyone know if these are any good ?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I guess the first question how long have you had it and is it still in warranty. If not you could speak to Ping and see if you can send it back via your pro but I'm not overly sure how much can be done to repair them these days. A lot of these bags seem to be much of a muchness and I wonder if they are made in the same manufacturers and simply put together with different branding

D

Deleted member 25172

I have a Ping hoofer stand bag but the mechanism is buggered so the legs don't retract when you pick it u p.

Failing that I see AG are selling TM bags for £90, anyone know if these are any good ?

Do not, and I repeat - do NOT buy the TM standbag that I think you’re talking about.

I bought it in May (for 109 or 119 quid). Second round in using it, whilst walking between two shots I hear a snap and it’s one of the plastic clips holding the straps. Go back to AG to return it, get a new one - five rounds in, same thing happen again!

I walk off the course in the middle of the round to replace the bag for a second time within 3 weeks time. Now, this is were it gets really stupid. I exchange it for another one of the same model! Guess what? The clips on that bag has snapped as well. Not one, but two of them. I keep it together with zip ties and I have a few spares in one of the pockets in the bag as well should more clips snap as I couldn’t be bothered going back for a third time.

Don’t be like me. Be smart.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site

Most stand mechanisms are replaceable, and shouldn't be expensive. In some cases a suitable doner bag can be acquired for peanuts!