Stairlift on hire

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We now have a need to have a stairlift for MIL. She may need it for next 6 months or so - assuming she will be able to walk by the end of her rehab.

Was speaking to my GP, he mentioned he had come across some patient who have gotten stairlifts on hire. Unfortunately he had no further info.

Anyone gone down this route? Tnx in advance

D

Deleted member 16999

We did it when we took the MiL in to live with us, basically it boiled down to rent v buy for the time you think the stairlift will be required, for us the cheaper option was buy as her health, unfortunately, was only going to deteriorate over time.

We went with Acorn Stairlifts and have had no issues.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We did it when we took the MiL in to live with us, basically it boiled down to rent v buy for the time you think the stairlift will be required, for us the cheaper option was buy as her health, unfortunately, was only going to deteriorate over time.

We went with Acorn Stairlifts and have had no issues.

Tnx.. out of curiosity, what is the rough order of magnitude to budget for a single flight of stairs?

What do you at the end of the use?

My alternative is to repurpose a downstairs reception room (we have a shower downstairs) it will need building work to move some doorways.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Just out of interest,have you had a look on Facebook marketplace. They look quite cheap. Would just need fitting.

D

Deleted member 16999

Tnx.. out of curiosity, what is the rough order of magnitude to budget for a single flight of stairs?

My alternative is to repurpose a downstairs reception room (we have a shower downstairs) it will need building work to move some doorways.
Unfortunately for us we have a curved 2 level staircase and it cost just over £4,000 5 years ago.

It takes up very little space and we are use to it, it was a godsend for the MiL during her last few years.

As for the future? Just keeping it in the house at the moment.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Some neighbours had one fitted recently it cost around 5k