Stableford question

golfdub

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I know everyone plays this nearly every weekend but I've never played it as I've only just joined a club, I know how the points work but how does your handicap work with this sort of structure ?
I know it's a silly question and I should know but I've only ever played stroke and match play.

Thanks in advance :)

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
not a silly question. your course will havce a stroke index for each hole, depending on handicap depicts what holes you get shots on. so off 28 I get 2 shots on 1 - 10 si and 1 on 11-18 si.if off 10 you get 1 shot on stroke indexes 1 -10 etc etc

so par 4 stroke index 1 you get 1 shot, you score a 5 minus your 1 shot is a net 4 for 2 points. a 6 would be a net 5 bogey for 1 point.

You will soon get the hang of it :thup:

Last edited:

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
with stableford if you cannot score you pick up and move to the next hole, also whereas in medal a disasterous hole means the no prizes in stableford it's only 2 points lost.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
I know everyone plays this nearly every weekend but I've never played it as I've only just joined a club, I know how the points work but how does your handicap work with this sort of structure ?
I know it's a silly question and I should know but I've only ever played stroke and match play.

Thanks in advance :)

If you have any doubts at all with it just record your gross score and work it out the points score sat in the bar.