Stableford and NR clarification

matt611

Head Pro
Visit site
If you NR a hole during stableford is your round counted as a NR and does that mean you cannot win the competition? I thought if you were having a shocker one of the main benefits of stableford was that you could pick up.

Thanks

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
No. Just that hole!

Also applies, for handicap purposes, in Strokeplay comps. So you can NR and still get cut! But you are out of the Strokeplay comp.

SimonC

Head Pro
Visit site
No. Just that hole!

Also applies, for handicap purposes, in Strokeplay comps. So you can NR and still get cut! But you are out of the Strokeplay comp.

This happened to me last week in one of our medals. I had an NR on 12 after losing 3 balls but scored fairly well on all the other holes and got cut by 0.1

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
In a stableford competition, you can NR a hole (also known as blob or ding a hole) and you can still win the stableford competition and get cut if the score is otherwise decent enough. Handicaps are always calculated by stableford score.

In a strokeplay or medal comp, if you NR a hole, you are out of the competition, but you can still get cut on the stableford score.