Srixon fairways and hybrid?

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Anyone here use any of the Srixon 785 range, fairways & hybrid?

I'm currently looking for a new 5 wood and 22 deg hybrid and these are showing up at good prices second hand.
Seems to be a decent Hzrdus shaft as standard too
Only downside may be no adjustibility to play around with

Any feedback?

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
My lad just picked up a new ZX 3 wood last week for about £300 including an Oban Devotion up sale shaft. Already his favourite club and goes like a missile. He's really happy with it. He's so pleased, he's considering getting the driver too, he already plays Srixon irons.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
I had a bag of Srixon clubs quite recently, mostly Z785. I have also owned the Z765 hybrids. They were without question the longest I have ever owned, they also had a tendency to go left on me, whereas the Z785 hybrids were not quite as long, but I didn't hook them at all.

I also owned a Z785 5 wood. It was meant to be my all round utility club, but it didn't work out. It wasn't very long, and I couldn't really use it out of the rough. Nice club, but it just didn't fill the gap I hoped it would.

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Anyone here use any of the Srixon 785 range, fairways & hybrid?

I'm currently looking for a new 5 wood and 22 deg hybrid and these are showing up at good prices second hand.
Seems to be a decent Hzrdus shaft as standard too
Only downside may be no adjustibility to play around with

Any feedback?
I have the 3 wood, really nice club to hit off the tee and get decent distance out of it as well - haven't hit it much off the fairway yet but that's more me than the club. The 5 wood would likely be very easy to hit off the deck.
I like the lack of adjustability, as there's only one option instead of tinkering with it constantly

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I had a bag of Srixon clubs quite recently, mostly Z785. I have also owned the Z765 hybrids. They were without question the longest I have ever owned, they also had a tendency to go left on me, whereas the Z785 hybrids were not quite as long, but I didn't hook them at all.

I also owned a Z785 5 wood. It was meant to be my all round utility club, but it didn't work out. It wasn't very long, and I couldn't really use it out of the rough. Nice club, but it just didn't fill the gap I hoped it would.
Good to hear the hybrid didn't hook as that would be an issue for me. And with no adjustibility it would need to avoid that
The irons get good reviews but less people seem to use the woods

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
My lad just picked up a new ZX 3 wood last week for about £300 including an Oban Devotion up sale shaft. Already his favourite club and goes like a missile. He's really happy with it. He's so pleased, he's considering getting the driver too, he already plays Srixon irons.

I got it wrong, he paid £180 for it new. extremely good value, and great looking bit of kit that performs very well.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Srixon makes very good kit, less highly publicised than Callaway, TM and others.

Definitely an underrated brand. My next set of irons will probably be SRIXON. Not sure about FW and Hybrids but if the Irons are anything to go bye they should be awesome.