Sprinkler Head Near / In Penalty Area - World Match Play Rulings

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Why would you expect to see a tin of green paint on a golf course?
Incidentally, line marking is usually done with an aerosol spray. One of my jobs as a referee is to check course marking (or absence of) before play starts. I can't ever remember being offered a green spray.

Our greenstaff keep green spray to cover over white lines when they are no longer wanted.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As I said, surely that would have been planned and the old lines mown out.

mown out:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

not much use when there is often no grass in the area in the first place or the grass is so short that it would take months to get rid off causing great confusion with players

We have on DZ that gets moved several times a year that is in an area of long grass. Easier to paint it out the old one when it gets moved than to wait for the grass to get mown which may be once every couple of months in winter. Carrying two colours of paint spray is easy planning.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
We have on DZ that gets moved several times a year that is in an area of long grass. Easier to paint it out the old one when it gets moved than to wait for the grass to get mown which may be once every couple of months in winter. Carrying two colours of paint spray is easy planning.
Just use a removable but well driven in stake. Give relief within 2 clublengths of the stake and move it when necessary. We use blue stakes.