Sports Direct staying open

Cherry13

Head Pro
Visit site
How does he expect customers to get to his store is what baffles me... “oh yes officer, this is an essential journey to pick up a running machine and a giant mug”. Bunch of nackers.

On a serious note, the govt need to issue more clarity on what is an essential service, companies seem to think there survival is essential. But also essential to what? Economy, public services, etc. I know of a few call call centres in the region classing themselves as essential such as banks, insurance companies and utilities. That’s understandable but surely they must try and get down to a limited skeleton staff or operate from those who can work from home. But it would appear not.

D

Deleted member 1740

Great news, just off to get myself some tacky Everlast/Slazenger gear, just what I needed.....

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
How does he expect customers to get to his store is what baffles me... “oh yes officer, this is an essential journey to pick up a running machine and a giant mug”. Bunch of nackers.

On a serious note, the govt need to issue more clarity on what is an essential service, companies seem to think there survival is essential. But also essential to what? Economy, public services, etc. I know of a few call call centres in the region classing themselves as essential such as banks, insurance companies and utilities. That’s understandable but surely they must try and get down to a limited skeleton staff or operate from those who can work from home. But it would appear not.

My daughter has a part time job in a local bakers. They are staying open and she has been asked to work tomorrow. Their biggest sellers are sausage rolls and coffee. Is that really an essential service?

I know some people will say it is, but there is a large Spar within 50 yards selling all kinds of food. Her place is really just a take away. I was really surprised the company have decided to stay open.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
My daughter has a part time job in a local bakers. They are staying open and she has been asked to work tomorrow. Their biggest sellers are sausage rolls and coffee. Is that really an essential service?

I know some people will say it is, but there is a large Spar within 50 yards selling all kinds of food. Her place is really just a take away. I was really surprised the company have decided to stay open.
They won’t decide to stay open for long when their closure is enforced.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Hopefully... Can't for the life of me fathom why some of the out of town retail sheds appear to have been given the opportunity to remain open... Positively encouraging retail therapy...

interesting thought - presumably sainsburys and tesco are still selling clothes. If SD start selling sandwiches, does that mean they can carry on trading?

D

Deleted member 23270

This whole thing is getting out of hand and really becoming a concern. I'm getting bombarded with emails from County Golf about all their sale items. I might crack and spend a fortune. I need to get back to work quickly, it will save me from bankruptcy :oops:

Wolf

Visit site
He was told all his gyms had to shutdown Friday and shut them down he did however...
All full time gym staff have still had to go to work every day since, my Mrs manager of one and she was in yesterday and today. They literally have nothing to do at all as they did a deep clean over the weekend yet have been made to go in. So she has all the full time staff sat 2m apart twiddling their thumbs in an empty gym.