Spine angle question: Pic included

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I've used Luke Donald as a rough example of something that is troubling me.

LD1_zps022153de.jpg

If you consider the red line to be, roughly, Lukes spine angle at address.

If through the back swing his spine angle were to move forward so that when the club is at the top of his backswing, his spine angle had changed to the blue line.

He then swings down from there with no further change I.E he doesn't return to his address spine angle.

What would you expect to happen at impact?

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm not an expert, but I would think it depends on where is weight is at impact, if his weight gets through then there's no reason he can't make a perfect contact with the ball still (i.e. not necessarily fat, which would hav been my initial tought).

I don't think I can answer your question assurely there are more variables than just spine angle.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I'm not an expert, but I would think it depends on where is weight is at impact, if his weight gets through then there's no reason he can't make a perfect contact with the ball still (i.e. not necessarily fat, which would hav been my initial tought).

I don't think I can answer your question assurely there are more variables than just spine angle.

I forgot all about this :mad:

Well, if you think about it, If the spine angle moves forward, so will the head, so some weight would creep forward.