South Shields - my home course

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
000_0726.jpg

My home course, South Shields. Heathland, just over 6,000 yards, virtually always dry and rarely closed. We've been on temporary greens about three times this winter. In the background is a local landmark, "Cleadon Chimney", actually a disused water pumping station used as a landmark by shipping in the North Sea, you can see it for miles, Cleadon Hills being the highest point on the coast for miles around.

The course opened in 1892, designed by James Braid with later input by Alastair MacKenzie. Good sporting layout, I wouldn't like to play anywhere else in the area day in, day out.

wuuki456

Club Champion
Visit site
It's a nice track South Shields, it weird when you see golfers on the other side of the wall playing Whitburn though. Some really good holes,I've only played it the once.

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
I often work on the Sutton Estate about 5 mins from there, always wanted to call in but as I'm a few hours from home I've never made it yet.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Was a member there for a couple of years. Remember winning a comp there and getting a silver coffee set. I didn't get custody in the divorce.

Wayman

Tour Winner
Visit site
played shields loads of times nice course
was thinking of joining it last year

I know the head greenkeeper and he gets them greens really good

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
In Shields tomorrow.....working so no time for a knock but I may call in at dinner time to take a look around.

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
My grandparents and parents are all from South Shields, I spent most of my holidays there for most of my time growing up. Wish I had been playing golf.