South Manchester/Stockport courses

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
looking to put together a golf weekend,for late August. and Didsbury seems to fit the bill from first glance. any courses close by that are better value or any recomendations for our second/third courses

T I A

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Didsburys become a very popular area and full of bars, pubs, restaurants etc so you will have a great evening.......

For the golf, there is a few courses that border the Mersey...... Didsbury, Withington, Northenden, Sale, are all within spitting distance. They're not high end courses but are good clubs and decent enough courses. If you were willing to travel further a field Stockport, Bramhall, Bramhall Park, Hazel Grove are nice too. Further into Cheshire, Delamere and Sandiway are the standouts, but they're 45 minutes drive from Didsbury.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Didsburys become a very popular area and full of bars, pubs, restaurants etc so you will have a great evening.......

For the golf, there is a few courses that border the Mersey...... Didsbury, Withington, Northenden, Sale, are all within spitting distance. They're not high end courses but are good clubs and decent enough courses. If you were willing to travel further a field Stockport, Bramhall, Bramhall Park, Hazel Grove are nice too. Further into Cheshire, Delamere and Sandiway are the standouts, but they're 45 minutes drive from Didsbury.

How far are Delamere and Sandiway from Lymm?

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
Didsbury is ok I like Northenden better. Happy to get you in or host you at Hazel Grove.

Thanks for the offer, it will be a society booking I'm looking to put together, would be looking at either August 26th or Sept 2nd. I'l be in touch once I have spoken with the others

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Maybe outside his buget.

I'll give a thumbs up to Hazel Grove though. Bramhall Park is excellent. Chorlton is a bit different. Sale looks fab (not played yet). Northenden is very bland.

Possibly.

I'd leave it 1-2 months and see if and opens appear on golf empire for the dates chosen (if all are club golfers, that is).

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Have a look @ Reddish Vale.

Less than 10 minutes from Didsbury, Alister Mackenzie course, loads of variety.

A great course in a place you'd least expect it.

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
Stockport GC is a little cracker.

above what we normally budget for, but thanks for the recommendation

Have a look @ Reddish Vale.

Less than 10 minutes from Didsbury, Alister Mackenzie course, loads of variety.

A great course in a place you'd least expect it.

Thanks, that's our 3rd course, had looked but waiting for another point of view, as the website always looks fab

could be Didsbury, Haxel Grove and Reddish Vale

No problem happy to help in anyway.

Thanks, I'll be in touch

Colonel Bogey

Visit site
Another vote for Reddish vale, unless anyone suffers with angina.:p

It's only the 18th to worry about.

I've played Reddish Vale twice, it used to be a qualifier course you know and when you play it you know why, OMG is it tough. BUT all the bunkers had no sand in ??????? I think they, like many, are struggling.

srp973

Visit site
Challenge will be that most courses have member comps on Saturday and very restrictive on visitors.
I'm local to this area so drop me any questions.

dronfield

Visit site
Agree re Reddish Vale good course that is certainly worth playing - i think we played it via some offer, so should be able to get a good deal there.

Rich

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Reddish vale is a very good course and a great test, I agree the course needs some love and if you have anyone who is not good with hills the 18th is a challenge .

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We have had society's on Saturday and Sunday in the summer after 3pm so please message me if you want details. Just thinking about it Sunday is not a problem early doors.