South Leeds golf club to close

beggsy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
sad to see my first club I joined an managed to get down to 6 at will finally close its doors on Monday over 100 years old and a founding member of the Leeds an district golf association 😢

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sadly it's the end of a long down-hill road due to so many golfing options around Leeds. Their Scratch-team had just won promotion to the LDU Div 1 :confused::confused:

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That’s a pity. I played it the other month, cracking little course with a good layout. wasn’t in the best of shape, but a good starter course.

The day I played it was when I went up to forest pines a week early 🤣 Bit of a come down to what I was expecting to play... glad I did tho

Beggsy do you have a spare old ball marker from there? I try and get them wherever I play but they didn’t do them at the time 👎🏻

beggsy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That’s a pity. I played it the other month, cracking little course with a good layout. wasn’t in the best of shape, but a good starter course.

The day I played it was when I went up to forest pines a week early 🤣 Bit of a come down to what I was expecting to play... glad I did tho

Beggsy do you have a spare old ball marker from there? I try and get them wherever I play but they didn’t do them at the time 👎🏻
I’ll have a look mate for you

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Big shame to see another club close. Only played it once with a forumer too. Thought it was an ok course, remember thinking the 18th was a really good finishing hole but don't really remember many other holes.

beggsy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
was a nice course with fantastic views over Leeds this is the 4th

Attachments

• D330E2DD-4641-4270-813E-90D681B705A6.jpeg
    D330E2DD-4641-4270-813E-90D681B705A6.jpeg
    140.7 KB · Views: 21