Sound advice for off season improvements

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've noticed in a few posts people commenting on plans, and regimes to improve their game over the winter. Personally, mine will consist of simply playing as much as possible, which unfortunately won't be very much :(, and getting in the odd lesson if time / money allows.

For anyone who is creating a decisive plan however, I recommend watching this video. With enough commitment to set aside regular practice time in order to improve, you should make light work of this. Here's to lower scores next summer :D ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osD2U-s8i6E

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
An oldie but a goodie!!!!! I'm sure it must just be me that enjoys just a few hours at a range (ideally with heated bays like Maidenhead) working on my swing or getting a lesson to set me back on track. I feel I'm getting far more from my game than hacking it around with my regular Saturday group who a re all complaining that the wind is too strong/cold, the greens are crap, there is no roll, they can't putt. there're freezing/soaked etc. Yes I'll roll up in the comps and give it my best shot but otherwise is there any benefit to playing all through the winter?

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think it depends on what course you're playing. Temp greens and temp mats are no fun, but my course has no temp greens and no mats off the whites.
So it's medals and stablefords all year for me :)

With waterproofs and a nice warm wooly hat of course! :cool:

Golfmmad.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We don't have temp greens unless it is frosty and not winter mats. If we get a mild winter we'll be on greens throughout but the course does get wet especially in places on the back nine and to be fair can feel like a route march if your having a bad day. I'm up for playing comps no matter what the conditions (its the same for all) but sometimes the lure of a lie in and a range session on non-comp days is too appealiing

andiritchie

Journeyman Pro
HOTMAIL.COM
Ill probally get at least 9 holes in every week just to keep my hand in,with a hours putting and chipping

I have a evaluation lesson next week with a new pro so hopefully i can get a series of lessons sorted to sort a few swing issues,the hopefully Cat 1 next year as i knocking on the door now but so hard to do it