Sorry.......another self indulgent thread

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date
D

Deleted Member 1156

I watched the US Open at Pinehurst #2 in 1999 when Payne Stewart won and set my heart on playing the course one day. Same again in 2005 when Michael Campbell won and then after seeing the stunning changes made to the course prior to Kaymer's win in 2014 I had to play there.

Well today I got my wish and it certainly didn't disappoint. Ranked 16th in the world it is a phenomenal test of golf with greens that are all upturned saucers so you have to be deadly accurate to hold them in the firm, fast conditions right now. I played off the back tees (6961 yards) with 2 members who took me into the members only bar for lunch afterwards.

In golfing terms, it really was a day to remember :)

A few pictures :)

http://s1377.photobucket.com/user/rossgd/library/?sort=3&page=1

D

Deleted Member 1156

Oh this place is full of comedians :D

Yeah beat the 2 members, the guy in the white shirt said he got down as low as +2 in his heyday and has tried to qualify for the US senior open before. He hit a really good ball but not very long so they played off the white tees. The other guy plays off 8.

Richard, if you are ever anywhere in the area then make sure you play it. You won't regret it! The entire setup is impressive, 9 courses and a stunning hotel although we didn't stay there. Free Titleist practice balls mixture of NXT's and Pro V1's and x's (I'm sure none of them ever go missing :whistle: )

D

Deleted Member 1156

Certainly is Dave, probably the best inland course I've played (I'm a mahoosive links fan :D )

Spear-Chucker

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Very envious, would love to play there! Not remotely self-indulgent to be able to share an experience like that.

What were the greens running at?

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Great scoring on a top course, did you see some of the yardage differences between the Blues and the Reds, 234yards on the 5th!!! and several others over 100 difference!