Sorry another driver shaft question.

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
At the moment I have an RBZ 10.5 driver. I hit it perfectly ok if a tad on the low side. I'm really bored at the moment with being laid up, fancy getting a new driver. For no reason other than to cheer myself up. Been thinking of getting a Ping G20. As its supposed to be easy to hit for those days when the swing is bit off. Also has a higher ball flight, and the biggest draw, you can get them for not much money now.
Question is does anyone know how the Ping fairs against the RBZ?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Auditioned (a used) one at an AG a few months ago - having got on really well with a G15.

Certainly forgiving - I'd rate it slightly more forgiving than the RBZ - and flight and length seemed fine. I only 'rejected' it because I got my old favourite combo back!

Don't think you can go wrong for the price really - shaft even felt pretty good to me. Not really a big change from the RBZ imo, but if you are bored....! There could well be better 'bargains' out there though - if you are prepared to go away from mainstream slightly.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Personly I'd spend my money on putting a decent shaft in that rbz. With the stock shaft its the worst driver I've hit. With the ahina shaft its one of the best.
Imo the rbz is one of the most underrated heads knocking about

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Personly I'd spend my money on putting a decent shaft in that rbz. With the stock shaft its the worst driver I've hit. With the ahina shaft its one of the best.
Imo the rbz is one of the most underrated heads knocking about

Putting an Ahina in is hardly likely to get the launch up, which is one of the OP's aims!

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I love my RBZ Stage 2, but it could be the shaft.

I have the Matrix Ozik White Tie 5X3, which as I understand it is very high launching.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I love my RBZ Stage 2, but it could be the shaft.

I have the Matrix Ozik White Tie 5X3, which as I understand it is very high launching.

White Tie certainly seems (and is designed to be) higher launch than Red or Black, but I wouldn't call it 'very high'.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Putting an Ahina in is hardly likely to get the launch up, which is one of the OP's aims!

I wasn't recommending a shaft. Was simply saying the op already has a great driver and to put a decent shaft in. Then he'll be cooking on gas