Some Shots of Stoke Rochford

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Having been away all weekend, my only chance to get around in was at 3.00 after the second round of the women's club championship had teed off. I knew it was going to be a slow round so, rather than get frustrated and inspired by this new section I took my camera.

The 17th Green (par 3) with Stoke Rochford Hall in the background

StokeRochford098.jpg

The 17th from the tee

StokeRochford097.jpg

The 15th Green with Hall in the background

StokeRochford090.jpg

View from the 15th Tee to the Green

StokeRochford089.jpg

The 14th Green, a very long par 4 where a 5 is a good score

StokeRochford088.jpg

The view from the 14th Tee, a good drive. The green is a dogleg round to the right but eve a good drive leaves me a Sunday best 3 wood to get anywhere near the green

StokeRochford087.jpg

The view from the whites on the 13th Tee. The green is just in front of the far trees but that gap to drive through is even narrower in reality.

StokeRochford084.jpg

The most welcome view on the course, the sight of the half way hut at the back of the 10th green.

StokeRochford079.jpg

A view to the par 3 12th with the Hall in the background. All of my 2s this year have been on this hole

StokeRochford077.jpg

The view from the 9th tee. A dogleg right where a good strike will leave me up by the marker post with about 150 to the flag.

StokeRochford074.jpg

My Nemesis, the par 3 6th. 190 of carry to a raised green. There is a pond just out of view to the left.

StokeRochford072.jpg

The 1st green taken from the second tee

StokeRochford065.jpg

The 1st hole The fairway slopes left to right so anything not well positioned rolls behind the trees to the right

StokeRochford062.jpg

Apologies for the number and quality of shots

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Great pics Greg. Looks nothing like I remember it! :eek: :D Oh well, that just gives me an excuse to gamble with my life crossing the A1 to have another round.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Great pics Greg. Looks nothing like I remember it! :eek: :D Oh well, that just gives me an excuse to gamble with my life crossing the A1 to have another round.

You are welcome any time. The course is in the best condition I have known it to be in at the moment. The new chap running the greens committee has done wonders.

And there is a flyover just up the A1 at Colsterworth now so no need to gamble pulling a u turn on the A1.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site

You are welcome any time. The course is in the best condition I have known it to be in at the moment. The new chap running the greens committee has done wonders.

And there is a flyover just up the A1 at Colsterworth now so no need to gamble pulling a u turn on the A1.

Actually yes, that flyover has been great and would probably be the way I come in down the highdyke and out to the A1.

Are you free on Bank Holiday Saturday (original scheduled Belton Woods day! :mad:)..

I'm up and would be up for a morning round.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I can possibly play on the Sunday. There is a medal on but I could skip that. Would need to be morning though as planning a barbecue in the afternoon. Cannot be the Monday as it is the mixed open and course is closed for that.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
I can possibly play on the Sunday. There is a medal on but I could skip that. Would need to be morning though as planning a barbecue in the afternoon. Cannot be the Monday as it is the mixed open and course is closed for that.

I cant do sunday, I'm working :(

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Another view of Stoke Rochford.
From the 2nd this time.
No prizes for guessing who the golfer is. He's probably on his way to another 42 points ;)

DSCI0205.jpg

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well will be playing at yours soon as our two clubs are joining together so can play each others course for £5. Be seeing you soon!!

That was news to me, any idea when it is starting up. Will be good to meet up and play another course.

I am the last to find out these things. Viscount found out that we have a reciprocal deal to play free at Abbotsley that I never knew about either.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Liking the look of your place as well, will get some more details up the club at the weekend. If this is up and running, then I may look to head over on Bank Holiday monday as Stoke is closed most of the day for the mixed open.

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sorry been away for weekend, I'm up my club on Friday so will check as I think the deal is for certain days etc but think you should be okay, not sure if I'm free so will let you know.