Software to process 'Casual formats'

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
With problem the of handling cards it's quite difficult to get variety in Competitions especially the Fun Team-games.
Of these HDIDo appear to only cover Texas Scramble.
Can anyone suggest a technology facility for '4 man Team with 2 to score'
'Walzer' etc??

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
With problem the of handling cards it's quite difficult to get variety in Competitions especially the Fun Team-games.
Of these HDIDo appear to only cover Texas Scramble.
Can anyone suggest a technology facility for '4 man Team with 2 to score'
'Walzer' etc??

You should have gone with a better ISV. This is what Handicapmaster supports:

Singles
· Pairs - Foursomes
· Pairs - Greensomes
· Pairs - Four-Ball (sometimes called 'Four Ball Better Ball')
· Pairs - Aggregate Scores
· Pairs - Scramble (sometimes called 'Ambrose')
· Pairs - A selection of best scores from each hole
· 3 or 4 Players - Texas Scramble (or 'Ambrose')
· 3 or 4 Players - Florida Scramble (or 'Step-aside Scramble')
· 3 Players - Best 1 score each hole to count
· 3 Players - Best 2 scores each hole to count
· 3 Players - All 3 scores each hole to count
· 3 Players - Best 1 score over first six holes, best 2 scores over next six holes, then all 3 scores over last six holes each hole to count
· 3 Players Waltz - Best 1 score 1st hole, best 2 scores 2nd hole, all 3 scores 3rd hole, best 1 score 4th hole, repeating to count
· 3 Players - A selection of best scores from each hole
· 4 Players - Best 1 score each hole to count
· 4 Players - Best 2 scores each hole to count
· 4 Players - Best 3 scores each hole to count
· 4 Players - All 4 scores each hole to count
· 4 Players - Best 2 scores over first six holes, best 3 scores over next six holes, then all 4 scores over last six holes each hole to count
· 4 Players - All 4 scores over first six holes, best 3 scores over next six holes, then best 2 scores over last six holes each hole to count
· 4 Players - A selection of best scores from each hole

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You should have gone with a better ISV. This is what Handicapmaster supports:

Singles
· Pairs - Foursomes
· Pairs - Greensomes
· Pairs - Four-Ball (sometimes called 'Four Ball Better Ball')
· Pairs - Aggregate Scores
· Pairs - Scramble (sometimes called 'Ambrose')
· Pairs - A selection of best scores from each hole
· 3 or 4 Players - Texas Scramble (or 'Ambrose')
· 3 or 4 Players - Florida Scramble (or 'Step-aside Scramble')
· 3 Players - Best 1 score each hole to count
· 3 Players - Best 2 scores each hole to count
· 3 Players - All 3 scores each hole to count
· 3 Players - Best 1 score over first six holes, best 2 scores over next six holes, then all 3 scores over last six holes each hole to count
· 3 Players Waltz - Best 1 score 1st hole, best 2 scores 2nd hole, all 3 scores 3rd hole, best 1 score 4th hole, repeating to count
· 3 Players - A selection of best scores from each hole
· 4 Players - Best 1 score each hole to count
· 4 Players - Best 2 scores each hole to count
· 4 Players - Best 3 scores each hole to count
· 4 Players - All 4 scores each hole to count
· 4 Players - Best 2 scores over first six holes, best 3 scores over next six holes, then all 4 scores over last six holes each hole to count
· 4 Players - All 4 scores over first six holes, best 3 scores over next six holes, then best 2 scores over last six holes each hole to count
· 4 Players - A selection of best scores from each hole
Wow...... impressive. A great resource in the current circumstances..... jealous :(:( very jealous
As you know, Jim, I've been dissatisfied with HDIDo for a number of years & that's not, currently, going away as they struggle to get a 'bug-free' App out, not to mention their Supplementaries operating to the old rules of 1 a week...Doooh. Sadly as a proprietary Club, we don't choose our ISV provider.
Just need @Liverpoolphil to advise of IG's facilities

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
Wow...... impressive. A great resource in the current circumstances..... jealous :(:( very jealous
As you know, Jim, I've been dissatisfied with HDIDo for a number of years & that's not, currently, going away as they struggle to get a 'bug-free' App out, not to mention their Supplementaries operating to the old rules of 1 a week...Doooh. Sadly as a proprietary Club, we don't choose our ISV provider.
Just need @Liverpoolphil to advise of IG's facilities
I am a little confused. Howdidido is not an ISV for handicap software, it is merely the an App that interfaces with Clubv1 the ISV.
As far as ai can see our clubs version of Clubv1 supports all.the formats that IG does.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am a little confused. Howdidido is not an ISV for handicap software, it is merely the an App that interfaces with Clubv1 the ISV.
As far as ai can see our clubs version of Clubv1 supports all.the formats that IG does.
I'm interested to know what IG offer in this respect. V1 certainly don't come close to Handicapmaster as regards the variety of Comps that it will support.
During these difficult times its become a problem trying to provide a variety of Team Comps that don't involve the handling of cards.

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm interested to know what IG offer in this respect. V1 certainly don't come close to Handicapmaster as regards the variety of Comps that it will support.
During these difficult times its become a problem trying to provide a variety of Team Comps that don't involve the handling of cards.
Club V1 certainly does support a four-ball AMAM with any number of scores to count, which is what your OP asked about. I'd be interested to know though how the alleged lack of variety is specifically impacted by the non-handling of cards.

Last edited:

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The point being that if V1 handles it then the scores can be input through the PSI & eliminates a mass of cards being handled.
As far as I can see V1 does not have AM.AM on its list of available Comps. Does it have a different name?

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
The point being that if V1 handles it then the scores can be input through the PSI & eliminates a mass of cards being handled.
As far as I can see V1 does not have AM.AM on its list of available Comps. Does it have a different name?
Got you, with club V1 you choose better ball, then four players, then 2 scores to count. If you have any problems I've always found their customer services to be most helpful, though not always easy to get through to.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Got you, with club V1 you choose better ball, then four players, then 2 scores to count. If you have any problems I've always found their customer services to be most helpful, though not always easy to get through to.
Aaaah.... would never have thought of looking under B/B.... thanks. ??
Can now see that theres lots of options through the Custom settings, Walzer etc.
Looks like we're in business ??

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I can echo the bold bit! At least from many years ago (both before and after HDID appeared) 'Good' to see they've been 'consistent' :rolleyes:!

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I can echo the bold bit! At least from many years ago (both before and after HDID appeared) 'Good' to see they've been 'consistent' :rolleyes:!
I tend to use their Online chat which works very well as the phones must get crammed with folk being 'talked through' complex scenarios. I know as we, recently, spent nearly an hour with them on something that couldn't be sorted via Chat & we'd been 7th in the queue so shudder to think how no. 8 got on behind us! :rolleyes::rolleyes: